Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: 2020 Caribou Trip

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    157

    2020 Caribou Trip

    Hey Guys

    I'm Back again busy planning another adventure after my Goat hunt in 2018 hoping a Grizzly Doesn't take my Meat this time !!!.

    https://youtu.be/tu9dOOyVMB0 Here the Link to my last Amazing Trip.

    We are planning to Fly out of Dease Lake with Yukon air. Location is pretty well planned somewhere around Kawdy Plateau still have to fully decide on the exact lake but just waiting for some feedback from a group that's still in hunting.

    Wondering do you guys bring in any sort of Pack Raft looks like there is all sorts of small rivers and creeks coming from the lakes.

    Thanks any tips and tricks greatly appreciated.

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Smithers
    Posts
    111

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    I had a good hunt in that area last year and we brought a little inflatable boat which was super handy. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lower Mainland
    Posts
    144

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    Went that direction last year as well, took in one of the Cabelas inflatable Mariner 4, worked well to get around the lake, wasn't fun paddling through some of the wind but we got it done.
    I'll take a bottle of glacier water at 6,000' over a bottle of tequila in mexico any day

    WSSBC Monarch; WSF; RMGA; LHC; BCWF; <1 Club

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    157

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    Thanks for the Input guys, Another quick Question is Yukon Air the only Float charter out of Dease Lake??

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cranbrook
    Posts
    2,579

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post
    Thanks for the Input guys, Another quick Question is Yukon Air the only Float charter out of Dease Lake??
    Believe that's still the case yes.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Squamish
    Posts
    5,218

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    I have an Alpackaraft and it is friggin' awesome. 13 pounds, 1000 pound capacity. Comfortably paddled by 1 or 2 people.

    Downside is the cost but the importer in Chilliwack doesn't add anything to the website price so it is the same exact cost whether you buy it in Colorado or Chilliwack.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    157

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I have an Alpackaraft and it is friggin' awesome. 13 pounds, 1000 pound capacity. Comfortably paddled by 1 or 2 people.

    Downside is the cost but the importer in Chilliwack doesn't add anything to the website price so it is the same exact cost whether you buy it in Colorado or Chilliwack.

    Thanks I’ll look into them. There is a pretty decent looking set up at cabelas right now 3 person raft pump and paddles only down side is it’s 70lbs.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    157

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    Thanks for the Help Guys appreciate the willingness to help a fellow hunter out.

    Our Float Plane is booked leaving Dease Lake August 28-Sept 5.

    Cant wait to Explore that beautiful country again!!!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    473

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    I also have an alpaka raft - great for hauling heavy meat load especially if you have two guys with a tow-rope front & back and can walk the shoreline. Got an entire bull moose back to camp that way a few years back, single load, head & rack and quarters bone-in. It's a nice way to go

    SB

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    157

    Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Belly View Post
    I also have an alpaka raft - great for hauling heavy meat load especially if you have two guys with a tow-rope front & back and can walk the shoreline. Got an entire bull moose back to camp that way a few years back, single load, head & rack and quarters bone-in. It's a nice way to go

    SB
    Very cool thanks for the reply.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •