Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KIUI Online Order Experience, Sept 2019

KIUI Online Order Experience, Sept 2019

I saw a number of older threads here complaining about the shipping process, especially around duties, when it comes to Kiui products. I thought I post my experience here as things do change over time and ... well... it easier to complain than to post positive experiences.

So here it goes.

Let me prefix this by saying I am not a Kiui fanboy, this is my first piece of Kiui equipment. I read their shipping policy, and according to their website, they partnered with a fulfillment provider that takes care of cross border taxes and process for a number of countries including Canada. So I go and order a pair of attack pants online with shipping to my home address.

Long story short: Pants arrive (somewhat later than promised) as Canada post expedited shipment with no duties or taxes on delivery. Everything went fairly smooth.

Little downside: The email notification you get from their fulfillment service are useless and do not provide you with tracking info or anywhere near precise shipping times. They initially promised 3-5 days (mind you: that's fast!) and it arrived after 2 weeks (to me, that's still acceptable). I did have to write to their customer service to get the tracking info as the automated email link didn't work.

Side note: The pants fit excellent, their online sizing guide is pretty slick and, without it, I would have ordered the wrong size: I am usually a 32, they "insisted" I buy the 34, which I did, and it fits perfectly.

So, all considered, very positive overall experience.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: KIUI Online Order Experience, Sept 2019

Glad to hear.

Had a horrible experience when I spent 850 a few years ago and swore I’d never buy again. But lately I’ve been eyeing up a couple items to fall sucker to. Can’t deny they make a good product.

I love em. Well worth the money. I don’t think KUIU makes the best gear systems. Nor does kifaru first lite krypyec etc. The best gear is a system off all different brands.

Now that being said, I have had ridiculously amazing customer service from Kuiu over a couple different products and it had sold me on them.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

No taxes duties on delivery .... they charge you those upon purchase.

Good luck getting those charges back should you return the item back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

That would be a pretty pathetic system if that was the case, considering the government will issue a person a refund on duties/taxes if an item is returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    That would be a pretty pathetic system if that was the case, considering the government will issue a person a refund on duties/taxes if an item is returned.
    They will ... but my understanding is that getting this money back from the government is a major pain in the ass and not a quick process either.

If someone has gone through it recently, I'd love to hear their first hand experience.

Fair, you are right, they did (had to double check). Most cross border shippers will charge you a "handling fee" of sorts. That said, it was $20 and WAY less than what UPS and other crooks will charge you ($70 upwards). I much rather deal with a transparent, upfront fee than being faced with a horrendous, sometimes seemingly random amount at the door.

They will ... but my understanding is that getting this money back from the government is a major pain in the ass and not a quick process either.

If someone has gone through it recently, I'd love to hear their first hand experience.
    It is easy to get a refund on duties or GST. Its a single form mailed in and its a decent process. Like anything it takes some time to mail it in and wait for a cheque, but its a simple process.

First hand (and several) experiences.

I'd see no reason why KUIU wouldnt refund it as well if you shipped the items back.

Because Kiui (or any other seller, for that matter) is usually not the one charging it. It's the shipping company....

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    It is easy to get a refund on duties or GST. Its a single form mailed in and its a decent process. Like anything it takes some time to mail it in and wait for a cheque, but its a simple process.

First hand (and several) experiences.

I'd see no reason why KUIU wouldnt refund it as well if you shipped the items back.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Because Kiui (or any other seller, for that matter) is usually not the one charging it. It's the shipping company....
    Kuiu does charge it on their website. Which is ok and probably quick to refund

Dont EVER have ups, DHL, FedEx etc collect that!!!!! They not only take tax and duty, they also take a percentage for their "brokerage fee" so you end up paying even more.

And with THEM it is going to be WAY harder to get your money back than from the government.

I rarely order things here from the USA (usually do border shipment) but if I do, I make sure it is USPS and canada post .... none of this courier company bullshit. I got burned with DHL once, never again!!!