Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited hunting?

Re: Unlimited hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by HikerHunter View Post
    So i have found out its a limited entry. does this mean he has access to a specific spot/region in which he is allowed to have unlimited bag limits?
    Have you completed your CORE yet? Because this should have been covered

Look up BC LEH hunting regs and it should be clearer. Simply put you can apply for draws for hunting opportunities where only a limited number of tags are available. If successful you get 1 tag for a species/sex/time of the year that you cannot normally hunt under GOS

Only FN and poachers have unlimited harvest opportunities

SNC Lavalin tags.

Issued by Liberals.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    SNC Lavalin tags.

Issued by Liberals.
    Yes with a little palm greasing you can have all the tags you want !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I have completed my CORE but obviously my instructor didn't do that great of a job explaining these details to the class. That's why I got you guys and Google. I also have never entered an LEH draw. Not even close to that sort of skill required. Thanks for all your help.

this thread reminds me of that "red velvet moose" thread...heheheh

Limited entry hunting authorizations give you permission to hunt a single animal of a single species in a specific geographical area, during a specific timeframe. You still need to buy a provincial tag for the species you're hunting during your limited entry hunt, and it counts towards your provincial bag limit. (ie. you're not allowed to shoot an open season moose and a limited entry moose)

I believe all this should be covered in the core.

If if it wasn’t do everyone a favour and report your instructor for doing a poor ass job at getting the next generation of hunters ready.

I cant even imagine how someone would think a leh draw tag allowed them to hunt unlimited animals.... like really?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I have completed my CORE but obviously my instructor didn't do that great of a job explaining these details to the class. That's why I got you guys and Google. I also have never entered an LEH draw. Not even close to that sort of skill required. Thanks for all your help.
    Where and who did you do your CORE with ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Look up BC LEH Hunting on line or better yet; go to a sporting goods store and get a hard copy of the LEH guide. It is really not that hard to apply and you can apply for mule deer does in some areas where you may have a better chance of getting a deer if you have a doe permit than being confined to bucks.

There are even mule deer LEH permits for those under 18.

You could even apply for moose. If you won an LEH authorization I'm sure if you got on here and sought help some grizzled old vet would love to come along and help you get your first moose.

Too bad you had such a poor instructor at your CORE course.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Where and who did you do your CORE with ?
    x2. This is concerning, and certainly something that should be covered in CORE. As responsible hunters, we are also expected to know the regs well too!