Thread: Man, I love being dry!

Man, I love being dry!

Spent the day out chasing blacktails yesterday. Saw a couple spikes and a wack o' does and fawns.
    But the best part....was staying dry.
    I've tried waxes and greases of all sorts for my boots. Lowa tibet GTX, and under armour speed freaks.
    My feet always ended up wet by the end of the day.
    Yesterday the only parts getting wet was my face and hands.
    Muck boots, and Dakota stretch rubber bibs, and a badlands exo jacket. It sure is nice standing in the pissing rain, and not getting soaked to the bone!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Man, I love being dry!

Love my badlands exo. Their new colour of approach is a dream for BT on the coast and WT in the thick’s.
    The regular approach is my go to for bear and mulie without second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Spent the day out chasing blacktails yesterday. Saw a couple spikes and a wack o' does and fawns.
    But the best part....was staying dry.
    I've tried waxes and greases of all sorts for my boots. Lowa tibet GTX, and under armour speed freaks.
    My feet always ended up wet by the end of the day.
    Yesterday the only parts getting wet was my face and hands.
    Muck boots, and Dakota stretch rubber bibs, and a badlands exo jacket. It sure is nice standing in the pissing rain, and not getting soaked to the bone!
    Sure, If you're just standing there as you mention.

If you gotta actually work through some tough blacktail terrain or pack one out, not sure those muck boots would work too well.

The problem with rain gear is that if younactially have to hike up a blacktail mountain in the rain, you're gonna be soaked regardless. At least I am. 40mins in and I'm soaked in sweat inside just as if I let the rain do its thing on the outside. Its ridiculous.

I always just accept the fact that I'm gonna be soaked... bring extra clothes and change into dry stuff when I'm on top. THEN, I put on my rain jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Sure, If you're just standing there as you mention.

If you gotta actually work through some tough blacktail terrain or pack one out, not sure those muck boots would work too well.

The problem with rain gear is that if younactially have to hike up a blacktail mountain in the rain, you're gonna be soaked regardless. At least I am. 40mins in and I'm soaked in sweat inside just as if I let the rain do its thing on the outside. Its ridiculous.

I always just accept the fact that I'm gonna be soaked... bring extra clothes and change into dry stuff when I'm on top. THEN, I put on my rain jacket.
    I actually spent a bunch of time hiking in the timber yesterday in them. Far better than normal gumboots. Not as good as my Lowas, but pretty good. Not as good as the under armour boots for traction, but 100% less leaky.

The last 2 years I have been able to get a grip on myself, and make myself "hike" slowly enough that I'm not soaked in sweat.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.