Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ny First big game !

ny First big game !

Well after being on year 5 of hunting . I finally did it and what a day to be remembered . aproximetly 15 + full days of hunting a year with nothing but stories to tell I have something better than I took my gun for a walk. Decided to skip fishing on the Vedder today and take a quick trip up to 2-19 first thing this morning . After hiking during first light and getting beat up by the thick tall terrain I worked my way back to the truck and drove uphill to another cutblocks . Got stuck in 2 wd on a steep loose rocky hill . Manual hubs . Out I go . Click . Climb no problems . Thank god it’s a ford ! Sorry dodge owners ., peek the hill and a bear crossed the road at full tilt . Drive up a bit into view watching him run into the thick . Drove up to the top of the cut and started hiking down . Came to a ledge and looked down .. f*** he’s 20 yds away coming right up through the Alder’s. Stumbled back 15 yds to a solid stump rest . Watched him peek the hill at 15 yds and stare straight at me . Bang ! Rolled downhill stood up and just slowly starts walking. WTF? One more shot and boom done . Solo hunt in the pouring rain paid off . Happy sunday

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ny First big game !

Congradulations..good job.
    cheers
    Srupp

Congrats man! Bear is good eating!

Congrats! I'm in year 2, got out for the first 4 days of deer opener (rifle) and nada... have my bear tag too... still waiting to get me first big game. Good for you!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Time pays off ! I’ve gone on tons of trips thanks to being young . Seen a few harvested and waited for this day . Self taught .. made friends in the sport ! Nothing better than no cell service !!!

Congrats!!

If you thought you you were hooked before it only gets worse now!
    this is my third season and it’s already had some of my most memorable moments and all my hard work the past years is really paying off.

I feel like finding the next tag to fill will feel like it comes MUCH easier.

Way to go! Hope to see pics...

Anybody mind throwing a photo up for me ?

Awesome job dirtymax! I could feel the excitement just reading it.

Sometimes bears just don't go down or stay down. No matter how many times it happens, what the heck moments will make you feel disbelief every single time.

"I get knocked down,
    ... but I get up again,
    ... you're never gonna keep me down"

*BANG*
    *flop*

*bear gets back up* "Hey that bullet thing that blew out my ribs, lungs and heart slightly inconvenienced me. Now I'll go about my business doing bear things"

Nicely done. Congrats.