Well after being on year 5 of hunting . I finally did it and what a day to be remembered . aproximetly 15 + full days of hunting a year with nothing but stories to tell I have something better than I took my gun for a walk. Decided to skip fishing on the Vedder today and take a quick trip up to 2-19 first thing this morning . After hiking during first light and getting beat up by the thick tall terrain I worked my way back to the truck and drove uphill to another cutblocks . Got stuck in 2 wd on a steep loose rocky hill . Manual hubs . Out I go . Click . Climb no problems . Thank god it’s a ford ! Sorry dodge owners ., peek the hill and a bear crossed the road at full tilt . Drive up a bit into view watching him run into the thick . Drove up to the top of the cut and started hiking down . Came to a ledge and looked down .. f*** he’s 20 yds away coming right up through the Alder’s. Stumbled back 15 yds to a solid stump rest . Watched him peek the hill at 15 yds and stare straight at me . Bang ! Rolled downhill stood up and just slowly starts walking. WTF? One more shot and boom done . Solo hunt in the pouring rain paid off . Happy sunday