Thread: Hunting Area 6-5 Moose help please.

Hunting Area 6-5 Moose help please.

We are lucky enough to win the moose draw here but, I've been here for 2 days and haven't seen anything.
    Any recommendations, tips or hot spots would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Area 6-5 Moose help please.

Hmmmm 2 days are nothing , hang in there look for water..look along cut blocks right at dawn, dusk..head into the wind into bedding areas slowly. .
    its not the rut..so cow calling isnt effective..you may try bull grunts and shoulder blade or canoe paddle to challenge other bulls..
    The weather is cool so that will help..
    If you are staying past 24th ? Start calling using cow calls..use buck expert mare urine on tampons..the start of the rut..changes everything.
    Climb ridges glass..glass..glass...
    Sept. You need to find them..Oct.call...they will seek you out and find you.
    Good luck..dont give up..keep repeating daily...hunting..
    Srupp

Agree with Srupp, keep atter!! It’s been slow for us in 6-09 as well, my gf was out yesterday, she seen 2 sets of cow/calf’s, one set at first light and the other at last light last night.
    The truck drivers are hauling from up the auger across from pinnacle, and have been seeing a few moose they said, I know the hannay has been productive over the years, often by, locals, but may be worth a look if your in the area (if you see a old German guide wearing leather pants, watch your gear and camp, he’s a total clipto)

Personally I wouldn’t waste much time on the west side of burns in 6-5, a couple local bands keep things pretty skiddish up that way, it gets hit hard, all year long.

Good luck and keep keep us posted.

Get out of the truck and odds are you are driving right past the best areas. Some of the best moose hunting in 6 05 is within a few km of the Hwy. Like Decker said the west end gets hit hard and it is an issue in the northwest of 6 05 as well

If you are planning to road hunt you are going to need luck