Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Over fishing at Nootka

Re: Over fishing at Nootka

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Jack, are you condoning what this poacher has done? If he was there this past summer how manybtimes has he done this? Throw the book at him. Keep all his shit and never sell him a license again!
    Nope not condoning one bit hence my comment about the pile of roe in their possession - merely commenting on the reporting of the issue. May as well add this note makes the news and wasted fish by FSC gillnetters gets a complete PASS - as usual.

Yeah hard for me to get upset at this from a conservation stand point with first immigrant's unchecked harvests of fish in the fraser heading to spawn. A guy I know that thinks different than me was having bbq endagered sockeye the other day given to him by indians... at the same time recreational harvest is almost non existent.

If the guy was a deliberate poacher he would have hid the fish..I follow the rules and have been stopped fishing and on the way back from hunting a few times and if I wanted to hide some game or fish it wouldn't be too hard...just saying when they catch people its usually from honest people either not understanding the rules or missing a few processing steps or not having the paperwork in order.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Yeah hard for me to get upset at this from a conservation stand point with first immigrant's unchecked harvests of fish in the fraser heading to spawn. A guy I know that thinks different than me was having bbq endagered sockeye the other day given to him by indians... at the same time recreational harvest is almost non existent.

If the guy was a deliberate poacher he would have hid the fish..I follow the rules and have been stopped fishing and on the way back from hunting a few times and if I wanted to hide some game or fish it wouldn't be too hard...just saying when they catch people its usually from honest people either not understanding the rules or missing a few processing steps or not having the paperwork in order.
    In one way, I see where you are coming from.
    The law abiding guy gets screwed all the way around.
    Meanwhile nets go across and that's all okay right now.

In one way, maybe the only resort is to break the law, everyone go out and fill their boots till the government see pure anarchy daily, and
    then realizes that changes "all the way around" need to be made.

Not that I condone poaching by no means.
    But these days, it's more about looking at it like an option of "Protesting".

Oh I see then e everyone should shoot 2 or 3 moose then.......

yanks.just one of thousands that fish bc waters!!!

Oh I see then e everyone should shoot 2 or 3 moose then.......
    No, no one is saying that at all.
    But the way you say it, some folks are entitled and probably do shoot 2 or 3 moose if they can.
    Got any other suggestions on how to protest anymore.
    Because no one is listening to just a bunch of bitchy words these days.

But the point was, it is hard to manage anything, when only one group is being managed, while others aren't.
    But, good luck trying.

This was a post about Americans fishing or doing anything in our country and not respecting our laws. Not a debate on whether our laws are just or fair. You go down there and get caught smoking pot and see what happens to you. If we want to discuss what is fair and just for laws in Canada lets start another thread.

This was a post about Americans fishing or doing anything in our country and not respecting our laws. Not a debate on whether our laws are just or fair. You go down there and get caught smoking pot and see what happens to you. If we want to discuss what is fair and just for laws in Canada lets start another thread.
    I know, I have friends on the Border.
    They catch guys with weed at the time, and just confiscate the personal use crap and move on.
    Go the other way, and it's a lifetime ban.
    Have friends stuck with that issue to.

I just felt for the guy when previous posters were saying to confiscate everything he owns..chances are he read the regs wrong, probably thought you were allowed 8 Chinook per person in his posession...take the fish, give him a fine. He learns his lesson.

You're right unchecked First Immigrant harvest is for another unproductive thread..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

No. This guy knew exactly what he was doing. I saw him fishing there back in July. Our laws are abused all the time by Americans coming here to fish!