Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight sleeping pads for sore back

Re: Lightweight sleeping pads for sore back

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    Ha ha, ya it’s funny how aging is making me less tolerant of discomfort.
    Absolutely. I hate to admit it, but I'm falling apart more rapidly than I'd like lol.

I think a warm, comfortable, quality sleep system is overlooked by many people. Both my partners dealt with tough nights due to sleeping pad issues on our sheep hunt this year. I look at my exped mat as my luxury item.
    I gained some pack weight with the exped but then reduced it by building a 6 lb (scoped) rifle.

My Exped has the down and the built in pump (can’t recall the model and I’m sure they’ve changed over the years) I’ve got back& neck issues and it’s been great. I also second that it has a cradling effect so you don’t slide off. I’m pretty sure the outer baffles are actually slightly taller just for that reason.

Hey guys. I'm in the market for a new pad as well. I had my last one for probably 20 years so I don't mind spending a little more for a good one. And I'd still have the old one but I think one of the kids lost it when they went to 'camp'.

I'm a side sleeper as well so this might be better than a thermarest - which kind of sucks.

Is this what you have: https://www.amazon.com/Exped-DownMat...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Hey guys. I'm in the market for a new pad as well. I had my last one for probably 20 years so I don't mind spending a little more for a good one. And I'd still have the old one but I think one of the kids lost it when they went to 'camp'.

I'm a side sleeper as well so this might be better than a thermarest - which kind of sucks.

Is this what you have: https://www.amazon.com/Exped-DownMat...dDbGljaz10cnVl
    Thats a good pad for sure. I run the "5" model for backpack use and its pretty good. That 9 should be pretty comfy and warm.

Big Agnes Q core
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

I used a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core for a long time before I bought my Exped Down Mat 7. The Big Agnes was a good mat as well, but I got tired of blowing the thing up for what seemed like a half hour of dizziness, while my brother pumped up his Exped Down Mat 9 in a matter of seconds.
    I found a great online sale on the 7 and made the switch.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 09-24-2019 at 09:09 PM.

When I was last shopping for a pad, went with Sea To Summit. They have a diverse range and make a great product. Worth a look!