Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need some mid October hunting advice to finally get some meat

Re: Need some mid October hunting advice to finally get some meat

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I think I have a pretty funny bad luck story from each year I've been out so far. It's pretty funny to look back and remember what's happened and ask myself WTF am I still at it for hahaha. I must be a sucker for punishment.
    Haha. I asked myself that same question many times in my first few years before connecting with an animal. But, that’s hunting, and sometimes I still ask it at the end of “unsuccessful” hunts. Glad to hear you got your deer. Well done! Enjoy sharing it with your family.

My recommendation for a meat hunt next year is spring bear. Available anywhere in the province, easy to spot, and alot less skittish than deer. Plus it’s my favourite eating.

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    drive up to cache creek and hunt areas like scottie creek, deadmans valley, loon lake, jesmond area etc...
    mule bucks.
    whitetail does are pretty small. lol
    Are there any spots to camp up Scottie Creek. We are heading that way in November and wondering how far we’d have to go to find a spot for the hunting trailer that’s decently close to water. A meatpole already hung is always a bonus too 😂
    "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

I havent been up scottie creek since the fire. Maybe someone else can chime in. The road can be shitty up there in November. You could always try the road just passed twenty mile, by the old rest area. I think they call it heart ridge. How big is the trailer?