So quick backstory, I've been hunting 5 years now, mostly by myself and have yet to shoot anything bigger than grouse. I love getting out there but with 2 kids at home it is getting harder and harder to keep getting out there and not have anything to show for it when I get home. The time effort and money is starting to ad up. So far this year I was away for 9 days during the archery season looking for elk. I've had a couple close calls with elk going back to last October and I think my calling is getting pretty decent. Elk are what I would prefer to hunt but at this point I need some meat.

I have the 15-21 of October off to go hunting but I might not be able to get out there until the 17th depending on my wife's work schedule. I have a tag for deer, elk, moose and bear. So here is my question;

If you needed meat in a bad way, what species would you target, how would you hunt them(stand, spot and stalk etc.) and what general area? I'm getting somewhat familiar with a place near Rock Creek so I will likely head there at this point unless I can find somewhere better and less busy.

Thanks for reading this far!