Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Little Deer Hunting

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

A Little Deer Hunting

I was all excited I was on my 10 days off over the Sept 10th opener and planned to grab my backpack/tent and hit the Alpine for a few days.........Gary GEF Flach says swing by the "cabin" on your way up......ok no problem see you Sept 9th at 5pm......Cabin all right its the Flach Rifle Company Lodge !

So I pulls in and we get chatting and I decide to spend a few days with the Master, well not only can he build awesome rifles he's exceptional at spotting deer and cooks like Chef Feenie ! wow Im leaving the camper at home and staying at the Lodge next time up !

All in all we had a great time hunting together which was long overdue, seen a few bucks and not sure how many does, had a great hike in the Alpine, we were lucky as the weather was really off and on and we made it out of the Alpine without taking a beating with weather, lots of rain and low cloud, shot some Grouse, shot my new 300 PRC out at 500, 650 and 820 yards and man it didn't disappoint, anyone looking for a new 300 mag, check out the 300 PRC

Here's a few pictures of my luxury hunt with GEF, thanks buddy

Gary in the Alpine, alpine flowers still in full bloom at 7400'

Did I mention Gary can cook, Moose Steaks will all the trimmings

Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 09-13-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A Little Deer Hunting

A cute little PICA

very nice...thanks for those pics

Great pics thanks
    " thousands of tired, nerve-shake , over civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home ; that wildness is a necessity." -John Muir

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Great pics and thanks for sharing.
    Seeing the photo's makes me miss those opening morning Alpine Hunts!!
    They are awesome and if folks haven't tried, you should before the body becomes the problem.
    Can always fill the wallet! later.

Very nice. Great pics

Sounds like a perfect hunt to me, the killing part is such a small part of the whole hunt. Time spent in the mountains with friends is what it's all about. I'm heading out for a big walk with my rifle tomorrow, don't know if I'll make into the alpine there's just so much to hunt between where I'll park and the alpine. It's hard to cover country when you think over the next fold or around the next ridge will be the one. Good hunting and stay safe everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jtred View Post
    Sounds like a perfect hunt to me, the killing part is such a small part of the whole hunt. Time spent in the mountains with friends is what it's all about. I'm heading out for a big walk with my rifle tomorrow, don't know if I'll make into the alpine there's just so much to hunt between where I'll park and the alpine. It's hard to cover country when you think over the next fold or around the next ridge will be the one. Good hunting and stay safe everyone.
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, I have to agree that getting a deer would be great but a small part of the hunt and we both could have this trip but it just wasn't what we were looking for,

I have to say I feel privileged to have been able to hunt with Gary, as he is a first class gentleman.

Hey WF Nice pictures looks like great country to hunt ! You were really roughing it by the looks of things, LOL . Thought I would get a PM to bring some knives to your place . Good to know you had a great trip, good company , scenery and seeing animals !
    Arctic Lake