Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: frame pack advise

Re: frame pack advise

Capital Iron did a few years ago, not sure about now.

Quote Originally Posted by patbrennan View Post
    Capital Iron did a few years ago, not sure about now.
    Stopped to sell Tatonka two years ago
    People lie the most of all before elections, at the war and after hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenaycarver View Post
    A Camp Trails freighter frame with a Moose Bag will pack most anything . Can usually be found used, for a $100 or less. Great value for the money. Have packed hundreds of pounds of game since 1969 and never had an issue. I also have had very good success with the Wilderness Wanderer pack (both gen I and Gen II) Recently bought a Barney's Pack, very nice, heavy and over the top expensive. Probably won't be using the latest too much. Buy a Camp Trails and your good to go.
    X2 on the Camp Trails Freighter with moose bag, moose bag come's off very easily. Welded frame works well. It'll pack as much weight as you can carry. For packing moose quarters we use it with out moose bag, just the quarter tied on with parachute cord, we've had to pack out 150# front quarters. Just a hint, if you're with your buddies and it's time to pack out a moose, pick a hind quarter, 20-25% lighter. LOL

Hard to beat a Barneys Freighter for an external frame, comfy when loaded really heavy, has load lifters and you can adjust it to fit your back and hips, truly bombproof, very popular in Alaska and actually pretty light when empty. I owned one with the Alaska/Yukon pack and you can fit a whole hindquarter of a big moose (Yukon moose) into the bag with ease, course then you have to carry it out. As with all external frames they are always kind of the same size (not very compressible) so are more prone to hanging you up in brush and annoying to hunt in timber with if you have to do any amount of crawling under logs and such.

Hi, I heard great things about this pack from these guys. http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/products...hy-x-plus-pack
    Amazon offers them from 350 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    I have a MR- Pintler. Man these things are built well. The video doesn't lie
    Backcountry Hunters and Anglers BC