Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick....give me the spotting scope!!!

Re: Quick....give me the spotting scope!!!

Ive got some stuff to do so........I’ll post more later.
    DOH!!! please refer to the little known forum rule below

" thou shalt not leave an admin hangin in the middle of a story he is enjoying!!!!"

you are hereby instructed to finish the story and pics poste haste, before the might of an HBC admin descends upon you!!!!!

"Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Cant post pics so descend away......

i could send a few pics if someone would post them

Imugur If I can do it ANYONE can ! There are directionshttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-help-please-! Looking forward to pictures !
    Arctic Lake

I know.....I’m lazy when it comes to technology. One day ill start using imugur and pull all my pics of photo bucket

Emerson

Thanks willyqbc for posting the pics of the bull we found sept 8th. This bull has very small 2nd eye guards. It took a few min for me to be 100% sure that I wasn’t seeing things.

It took a few min for me to be 100% sure that I wasn’t seeing things.
    Definately a good example of being sure! I had a huge bull up north one year that seemed like a "no doubter", beauty 4,5,6's.....long eye guards.....but something just tweaked me as being not quite right.....took me a bit to realize, he had no thirds at all. Glad I took the time instead of assuming based on the 4,5,6's! Hurt to let that one walk...he was a beauty.
    Emerson

So....where was I.....

oh ya ..............THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    So....where was I.....

oh ya ..............THE END.

No three day search party with dogs ?

Just kidding.

I was hopeful that Aaron and Ethan were going to go back that evening and the next morning but Aaron has other plans. Knowing evan wanted to go hunting after dinner I was trying to figure out where to go. After dinner while loaded the truck I asked Evan where he wanted to go. “ I don’t know, I guess we could go see if that bull is still there “ was his reply. Upon arrival to our glassing spot we got set up and started glassing. We didn’t see much for vehicle sign on the way into the block so we were hopeful the bull was still around. Like a typical teenager, Evan couldn’t sit still. As I’m trying to glass the cut block Evan suddenly says “ Dad, one of them is a bull “. As my head whipped around I realized he was using the spotting scope to look at the next mountain to the south. “ Evan, it’s not like we can go after them and I wouldnt kill an elk way up there anyhow “. A few min later he was still watching the elk on the next mountain when I thought I seen an elk hanging just inside he tree line. “ Evan, pass me the spotting scope........Quickly......pass me the spotting scope!!!.

Upon looking through the spotting scope, what I seen through the binos was confirmed. A bull sneaking his way through the trees, hesitant to step out into the open but he was focused on something in the cut block. As I scanned the cut block, I caught movement in the north corner, a cow had made her way out of the trees into the cut block. A few min later he bull walked out into the open. Not wanting to waste any time we quickly put our stuff away and started driving towards the cut block.