Dad!......one of them is a bull!

Evan it’s not like we can go after it and besides that, I wouldn’t kill an elk way up there!

Hey Evan....pass me he spotting scope!!!.....QUICK.....pass me the spotting scope!!!! There’s an elk over here.

As usual hunting season arrived sooner than I was prepared. Busy with summer and work I hadn’t bought our hunting licences or tags. Kids were going back to school sept 3 and I working until sept 4 but a sept 5, 4pm dentist app for the kids meant we could get our hunting licences and tags while in sparwood.
With Evans hunting licence and mule deer tag purchased we were good to go for youth season. 5:30 pm were home and headed out for a drive and to do some glassing. We managed to see a few white tails that night but nothing else. Saturday morning we headed into another area to explore some new log blocks hoping the deer have moved back in. One lone mule deer fawn is all we seen that morning.
Saturday evening Evan had plans to go to a birthday party ( beer drinking at a bush party with your friends and girls......I miss my youth!! ) So the wife and I went for a drive into an overlooked area that usually holds mule deer early and late season. No animals spotted.....wtf.

Sept 8 I decided to head into an area that I haven’t been into for a few yrs. On the drive to said area we stopped numerous times to spot cut blocks and slides but we weren’t seeing anything. Upon arriving to our destination I immediately spotted 2 elk in the cut block. Using the spotting scope I determined one looked legal but something was off with his eye guards.
After watching the bulls for 15min I decided to drive closer for a better look. We ended up driving close to where we though they should have been when all of a sudden they were 120yrds away and running away from the truck. Luckily they stopped 60yds further up the hill and let us have a good look at them for 20min.

i have a few pic of these bulls but can’t load pics from my I phone( too lazy to get imgr )