Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Re: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

I am a member. Hope to see good things happening in BC
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Just Joined up for 3 Years ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I joined up. @Greenthumbed, do you know if BCHA offers group insurance for members like BCWF does? I need coverage for waterfowl in region 2.
    Hey Redthies,
    No, there is no insurance coverage with the BCBHA membership. You'll need to join an BCWF affiliate R&G club for that. Check out my local club. The annual dues are really quite reasonable and we have many folks from out of town as members.
    https://www.goldenrodandgun.com
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    Hey Redthies,
    No, there is no insurance coverage with the BCBHA membership. You'll need to join an BCWF affiliate R&G club for that. Check out my local club. The annual dues are really quite reasonable and we have many folks from out of town as members.
    https://www.goldenrodandgun.com
    Thanks, I’m already a BCWF member, just wanted to know how quickly I needed to renew. I joined BHA anyway, as hopefully they will be more vocal for us!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Yes there is a table in region 7. Been a member for a number of years now. Its been a quiet summer but will be getting back on track shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Ah Christ - BriarPatch. I don't give a flying **** what you think.

Here's where I try my very best to put my energy:

CWD - this is new for me and the BHA, but we recognize we need to be in front of this and influencing policy makers
    Region 5 Moose in crisis and the spray program
    Elk population falling off a cliff in the EK because of non-intact habitat
    Mule deer in perpetual decline in the last decade
    PREDATORS!!!!!
    First Nations Relationships

List off What did you do for wildlife and habitat in our fine province this week? Talked shit on a forum?

Seriously:
    What.
    Did.
    You.
    Do?

This week. List it out - what did YOU do to improve wildlife and habitat in our province?

List it the **** out.

Here's my story: I have a family that I make goddam sure they have superior experiences. Everyday.

I am a key part of a local business that provides pay checks to 30 HARD WORKING TRADESMEN AND WOMEN. My day starts at 5:30 AM.

This week: I carved out the goddamn time to participate in two conference calls and I had a sit-down coffee with my ****ING MLA!

AND I know what a whole bunch of volunteers did - some of them were BHA members - some weren't. Phone calls. Meetings and letters CRAFTED and sent.

My conservation mentor is a 70+ year-old farmer who communicates with the biologists and community members after supper and before breakfast - he's GOLD. And a goddamn BHA member. And a BCWF member and a member of his Rod and Gun club.

Poke holes in the BHA sail all you want on a forum. Until you show up and are part of the solution - I don't give a rats ass what you write on the internet.

Here's my number if you want to call me: 6oh4-815-9678
    This reply is awesome. I'm joining Mark and BHA. I hope others do too.

edit: just signed up for 3 years. Here is the link for anyone else-- https://www.backcountryhunters.org
    Last edited by albravo2; 09-16-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

guest Guest

Just joined up too.
    Looking forward to getting involved .
    Strength in numbers.

One goal id like to see is I Sure would like to see all juristictions to hold All hunters accountable. Mandatory reporting of harvest Including FNs every where. Without ACCOUNTABILITY the will be zero Sustainability.
    Last edited by guest; 09-16-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Markathome my issue is not with yourself or the work that you are doing, it is the choice of some affiliations made by people higher up that may have impacts on what you are doing and its future use by hunters & fisherman.

At this present moment in time I think that are far greater issues affecting hunters & fisherman than conservation & people should be directing their endeavours to get a government elected that supports firearms owners & stops pandering to FN issues at the expense of the greater good for all. Without this there will be no firearms & no hunting or fishing.

Today I spoke with my prospective MP on firearms rights, hunting & fishing issues together with economic impacts. What did anyone else do to get the word out, remember the vast majority of the general public think that you can just walk into any gun store & purchase any gun & have no idea about what is involved or requirements. Neither do they know how much sportsman put back into conservation & the environment unlike the paid anti activists.

Please do not take this as a racist comment it is not meant in that way. My views are that "ALL SHOULD BE EQUAL IN ALL WAYS"

I take up your offer & will call you later.
    Last edited by BriarPatch; 09-16-2019 at 09:27 AM.