Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Re: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Hi All - feel free to email me mark_r@telus.net and I'll point you in the right direction for each region. We're almost 1000 members (that's the 2019 goal). Region 4 has been established for a few years in the EK. Other regions have been coming on board over the last couple of years. I'm a co-chair for Region 2.

Some initiatives:
    - partnership with the Nature Trust for land improvements and river clean-ups
    - working on a trail cam system partnership to ideally provide data to regional bios
    - coordinated messages going to MLAs and other politicians around important issues: caribou, moose, access and habitat

I'm not on Hunting BC too often, so email is best for me. Cheers

Insta is the most active social media platform.

https://www.instagram.com/backcountryhuntersbc/

Hi Mark, is there a chapter in the Cariboo?
    I'm moving up there in a few months and would like to find out.
    Thanks
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I was thinking along the lines of the PEW Foundation which is a major contributor to funding in the BHA

Wildcatter: We're really close - we have a keen members and hoping to launch in Region 5 very soon - shoot me an email if you're interested in helping out. It's as grassroots as it gets. Shoot me an email and I can connect you with Kate. Cheers

BriarPatch - I'm not going to waste time even acknowledging that. The internet is filled with BS.

Do you want more animals on the landscape? Do you want intact wildspaces? That's what the BHA does - grassroots volunteer work for improved habitat.

I have to question alliances with groups such as the nature trust of BC who have strong ties with Raincoast & other entities that are definitely anti.

You guys personally may have good intentions but when push comes to shove which it always does I wonder where BHA will stand when more hunting & fishing gets closed down.

Where does BHA stand on Y2Y?

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Wildcatter: We're really close - we have a keen members and hoping to launch in Region 5 very soon - shoot me an email if you're interested in helping out. It's as grassroots as it gets. Shoot me an email and I can connect you with Kate. Cheers
    Thanks Mark, email sent, Otto
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Markathome you do not need to acknowledge it, this is not internet bs as you well know, I raised this point months ago and you had no answer then other than to dismiss it so more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    Come out to the meeting at the end of the month and check things out, 7pm on the last thursday of every month at the burnaby lake rugby club...great group of guys & gals.
    Im very interested in attending. Do you have to be a member?

Hey Hunter - nope you don't.

Ah Christ - BriarPatch. I don't give a flying **** what you think.

Here's where I try my very best to put my energy:

CWD - this is new for me and the BHA, but we recognize we need to be in front of this and influencing policy makers
    Region 5 Moose in crisis and the spray program
    Elk population falling off a cliff in the EK because of non-intact habitat
    Mule deer in perpetual decline in the last decade
    PREDATORS!!!!!
    First Nations Relationships

List off What did you do for wildlife and habitat in our fine province this week? Talked shit on a forum?

Seriously:
    What.
    Did.
    You.
    Do?

This week. List it out - what did YOU do to improve wildlife and habitat in our province?

List it the **** out.

Here's my story: I have a family that I make goddam sure they have superior experiences. Everyday.

I am a key part of a local business that provides pay checks to 30 HARD WORKING TRADESMEN AND WOMEN. My day starts at 5:30 AM.

This week: I carved out the goddamn time to participate in two conference calls and I had a sit-down coffee with my ****ING MLA!

AND I know what a whole bunch of volunteers did - some of them were BHA members - some weren't. Phone calls. Meetings and letters CRAFTED and sent.

My conservation mentor is a 70+ year-old farmer who communicates with the biologists and community members after supper and before breakfast - he's GOLD. And a goddamn BHA member. And a BCWF member and a member of his Rod and Gun club.

Poke holes in the BHA sail all you want on a forum. Until you show up and are part of the solution - I don't give a rats ass what you write on the internet.

Here's my number if you want to call me: 6oh4-815-9678