Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Re: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

BriarPatch - the Yellowstone to Yukon initiative has almost zero relevance when weighted against the major issue in BC: LACK of funding and POLICY from the government and inadequate science (THAT BACKS THE POLICY):

Full stop.

Properly fund wildlife and habitat at the government level using public coffers AND separately fund scientists so they can effectively do their jobs and we've solved at least 30% of the problem... the rest is an unknown. Sadly.

Again - this particular forum has exhausted me.

Every single BHA member I've met to date - I would invite into my home for a meal.

Just joined BHA. Looking forward to getting involved.

guest Guest

As resident hunters we should be joining together. Either BCountry Hunters and or BCWildSheep Society. These outfits appear to be going in the right direction to represent us. I still support the BCWF but will be clear im not impressed with its lack of support for BC hunters in recent years. No clout. To much catering to organizations that are against us. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Guys who are interested in signing up, use http://www.backcountryhuntersbc.com/
    Finally got around to signing up. One more member for region 1!

Does anyone know if there is a chapter in PG? will be joining regardless but even better if there is.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    As resident hunters we should be joining together. Either BCountry Hunters and or BCWildSheep Society. These outfits appear to be going in the right direction to represent us. I still support the BCWF but will be clear im not impressed with its lack of support for BC hunters in recent years. No clout. To much catering to organizations that are against us. IMO.
    You got it right! Put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by rolllingbreakdown View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a chapter in PG? will be joining regardless but even better if there is.
    sign up and then send an email saying you want to volunteer. If there’s no table in PG you may be asked to help start one! Talk about getting in on the ground floor!

I just don't see conservation as the #1 concern for hunters..Where would a guy send his money if he wanted to fund a continued fight against Canadian gun control measures and hunting closures/restrictions due to favoring first immigrant hunting opportunity and launch a campaign to sway the voting majorities general distaste for the idea of killing animals?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I'm a member. Have been for a couple of years.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I joined up. @Greenthumbed, do you know if BCHA offers group insurance for members like BCWF does? I need coverage for waterfowl in region 2.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.