Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Hybrid View

Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

So with all the issues facing B.C. Resident Hunters I felt that I needed to join BHA and become a member . There is a British Columbia Chapter so hopefully it will help . . Who also on HBC is a member of HBA ? Are you considering joining ?
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 09-12-2019 at 11:53 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

^^I'm a member. Have been for a while.

I have considered joining, but, age and old injuries make me rather hesitant as my abilities wane...........

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    I have considered joining, but, age and old injuries make me rather hesitant as my abilities wane...........
    I don’t think that really matters. Access for ALL hunters to back country is a huge issue. Guys with some experience and different skill sets are vitally important. One voice.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I don’t think that really matters. Access for ALL hunters to back country is a huge issue. Guys with some experience and different skill sets are vitally important. One voice.
    BgBlkDg What butcher said .
    Arctic Lake

Was on the Board of Directors for the Alberta Chapter.

Plan on joining the BC Chapter. It's gaining a lot of momentum. Great to see

Come out to the meeting at the end of the month and check things out, 7pm on the last thursday of every month at the burnaby lake rugby club...great group of guys & gals.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    Come out to the meeting at the end of the month and check things out, 7pm on the last thursday of every month at the burnaby lake rugby club...great group of guys & gals.
    Im very interested in attending. Do you have to be a member?

Hey Hunter - nope you don't.

Ah Christ - BriarPatch. I don't give a flying **** what you think.

Here's where I try my very best to put my energy:

CWD - this is new for me and the BHA, but we recognize we need to be in front of this and influencing policy makers
    Region 5 Moose in crisis and the spray program
    Elk population falling off a cliff in the EK because of non-intact habitat
    Mule deer in perpetual decline in the last decade
    PREDATORS!!!!!
    First Nations Relationships

List off What did you do for wildlife and habitat in our fine province this week? Talked shit on a forum?

Seriously:
    What.
    Did.
    You.
    Do?

This week. List it out - what did YOU do to improve wildlife and habitat in our province?

List it the **** out.

Here's my story: I have a family that I make goddam sure they have superior experiences. Everyday.

I am a key part of a local business that provides pay checks to 30 HARD WORKING TRADESMEN AND WOMEN. My day starts at 5:30 AM.

This week: I carved out the goddamn time to participate in two conference calls and I had a sit-down coffee with my ****ING MLA!

AND I know what a whole bunch of volunteers did - some of them were BHA members - some weren't. Phone calls. Meetings and letters CRAFTED and sent.

My conservation mentor is a 70+ year-old farmer who communicates with the biologists and community members after supper and before breakfast - he's GOLD. And a goddamn BHA member. And a BCWF member and a member of his Rod and Gun club.

Poke holes in the BHA sail all you want on a forum. Until you show up and are part of the solution - I don't give a rats ass what you write on the internet.

Here's my number if you want to call me: 6oh4-815-9678