Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: BC moose hunting history

Re: BC moose hunting history

What is wrong with you people.....
    Originally Posted by edgar11
    It starts by erasing that line in the sand and understanding our similarities more then our differences. Once we are both on the same side we then can start to force them to make changes. Sorry, that's BS. The US tried that approach with China. Remember? Engage China and it will become democratic. What happened? The exact opposite. Large American corporations like Google are working actively with the Communist government of China to control its people. America got sold down the road to cheap labor and easy access to shit radios. It has been pointed out. The Indian has no reason what so ever to actively seek common ground. The Constitution, which normally ensures equal treatment and protection under the law for "all people", has enshrined the Indian as some how special. Better than us and deserving of special and preferential treatment. The Supreme Court has no choice but to follow that document. We have been phuked by a closet Communist "Trudeau Sr." and the UN.
    We have grown up understanding where we stand and it makes it difficult for us to think otherwise.
    I have said before that in order for Indigenous people to heal from the after effects of colonialism they will need to go back to cultural idealism and philosophies. This takes time. This is also BS. The Indigenous people have no more of a right to "heal" than the Irish. How about the Kurds? How about English who inhabited the coast line and within reach of the Norse, or the Millions of survivors of Pol Pot? Right Phuking now, political prisoners in China are having their organs harvested by the "State" for profit, and there are actually re-education camps for Muslims. What happened to the FN was awful. But no more awful than what they were doing to themselves and we as "human beings" have been doing to ourselves since we crawled out of the swamp. It is absolutely disgusting to accentuate Indian suffering over the suffering of others and bestow special rights and privileges because of it. And that's exactly what our Constitution does when it comes to the Indian. You actually have to truncate, not only the historical axis, but the geographical axis, (if there is such a thing) to come to the conclusions the drafters of our Constitution did. That some how, "these" people should be treated "this" way, and everyone else "be treated" that way.....
    Once we are all reading the same book with the same language, things will start to work itself out.
    I have also said before that the Indian Act needs to go and the country needs to work out something once and for all and end the different group status which is part of the problem. Sounds really nice. Can you point to any type of examples of progress......any what so ever, that we're actually moving in that direction? Or are there lots of examples where we're cementing this ideology, (cause that's what it is) into reality with these modern day treaties etc?
    I know its not a simple solution but its something that has to start somewhere and by somebody. Yea, I'm somebody, not patronizing any Indian establishment or business. Be respectful in those circumstances where you're asked to explain yourself. Remember, common sense "is" on your side. We've been fed a bad meal and it's time to puke it back up.I am willing to work with anyone who wants equality and fairness for everyone even if it means I lose certain privileges in the process. There are much more important things in life then that anyways.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Last edited by 180grainer; Today at 09:51 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

What is wrong with you people? You're suppose to be a community.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

Going back to Steven's initial argument. There is evidence contrary to his belief that Moose did not exist in B.C. prior to contact, in fact most writings state it was an integral part of the Indigenous diet. I guess it is similar to what most of what he says anyways and like he knows what the meanings of a totem pole are in the first place. And 180 grainer?........ Have another drink bud cause I have no idea what you are blabbering about.