Not dark...just too busy hunting and hanging my moose that will feed a family of 5! Anyways, just for the record I don't disagree that moose moved in to areas of the province 100 years ago, give or take a few years. But what I do disagree on is the pointing of fingers on indigenous peoples. There are a number of reasons for the decline of moose populations and one of them may be the changing conditions, just as moose moved in, perhaps they are moving out and areas where they were abundant and the forage doesn't support those numbers anymore they are being over harvested by all users. For the record, 1200 moose where reported harvested last year between the Skeena to the Chilcotin regions last year.

I also agree that everyone should report their harvest so that we can get a handle on what is actually being harvested vs. what is available. If the hunt is not sustainable then reduce the number of tags available. In one area, 10 or so years ago there were 900 moose enumerated during a census. 5 years later there where 60 and the same number of tags were available for that area as when there were 900. I know of 2 non-native persons, as lucky as they are that have harvested 2 moose each year in the same area for the past 5 years, this is one family of 2.

Further, as mentioned the earlier argument re. the epitomizing moose or other animals of sustenance on "totems" rarely occurs. That interpretation provided by SRUPP is complete BS. With regards to the statement on First Nations going back to Mongolia to talk to their relatives, wouldn't that equate to the settlers going back to Europe and exercising the privilege that was afforded to them by the aristocrats if they were lucky enough to actually hunt? Actually, if you think about it First Nations have been harvesting here for 1000's of years regardless of the species and europeans have been harvesting here for what maybe 200 years and with the increasing hunting population the situation has gotten to the point where the blame is being placed on the First Nations?

But the overall point of this thread is that moose management should be applied equally to all users, native and non-native alike, to which I agree, so use the provincial estimate of what First Nations harvest per year and then apply the same number to the amount of GOS and LEH permits available.