Hmmmmmm been reading why and how much allocation of our moose supply is going to the natives.
that chief Joe et all want 100 % of the moose reserved just for indians, their culture, ceremonies, sustenance. .sales..oops..
Got me thinking....
Moose are not known to be part of historical ceremonial tradition or substenance use in all or any of first nations contacted so far in BC.
YOU will not see a moose on a ceremonial totem pole hmmmmm why if they are SO important to their culture, ceremony, survival...hmmmmmm
there has never been any archaeological evidence supporting the moose prior to the 1900, s
1930..1940..show me the bones. ....
the word moose was first used in 1930, s..meaning twig eater. .the indians did not even have a name for this new animal.
Cecil Paul..Haisla elder.." moose were not here or even part of the stories when I was a child "
Frank Haneuse of Oweekeno nation..estimates their arrival about 1940 .
How did the natives survive without moose, what did they eat when the moose were not even here ?
they sure took a liking to them in the subsequent 80 years..so much so they demand them ALL to themselves.
What a crock of shyte.
Steven Rupp