Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BC moose hunting history

Re: BC moose hunting history

Muliechaser - Glad you came on here and SAID it like it is ! Also the Fact you are Hunting under the Regulations and Laws like the Majority of us have to ! One Land - One Law for ALL ! Great to have a Honest Native speak up ! Thanks

Cheers RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 10-14-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Good on ya MulieChaser.....saw a FN today harvest a bull moose in reg 8...divided we are for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    Cows calfs bulls bucks does fawns you name it bud . 24-7. Highly unregulated . Augest to febuary mostly . Not uncommon . Mostly cows/does with 10-20% being bucks/bulls . If its brown its down. What maximum opportunity crowd are you refering too? People who pay everyyear to hunt from sep -dec? Can only hunt from sunrise to sunset ? Resrictions in certain areas? I will tell you one thing ... i am native ... i am papered... i hunt from sept 1st to dec 20th i buy licences and tags . I hunt on crown land during open season from sunrise to sunset . I ABIDE by all laws put in place to protect wildlife .. i do not hunt on band land at anytime like i can . Or claim traditional territory and pull the race card on crown land .

If i hunted like the rest playing the race card my season would last a few days at best .

Moral is as EVERYYEAR from my area HUNDREDS of animals taken at night . Before and after OUR season. By only a handfull of "hunters" .

There is absolutly overharvest happening every. Single. year .

One land one law .

If we all put in the $ the time and abide by rules and have some morals and quit phukin fighting all the time and put our heads together things might get beter for a change .

United we stand devided we fall . And its showing .

Mc
    This is "moral culture" ^^^^^^^
    Just because its legal....doesn't make it right, thanks Mulie!

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Hopefully, he'll chime in here somewhere with that information.
    so here I am and still undecided on how to approach this issue.

The TNG moose round table sounded like a good idea at first glance. With everyone from BCWF, GOABC, Cattleman's, lots of FN representation,BCTA, forest licensee representatives and piles of government from regional biologists, regional staffers, and several from Victoria with about 60 people ready to fix the moose problem.
    The first couple meetings where constructive setting the level of importance of different moose populations triggers and effects.
    The number one concern was predation
    Access, habitat enhancement, road deactivation and even responsible unlicensed harvest was on the table.

Once the list was established Terms of Reference for the round table was worked on, that is when I realized the the whole process ws a waste of time.
    There was even talk about paying elders who wanted to drop in to the meetings and hear what was going on. This really pissed me off as out of a large room of people there was only about four of use that weren't getting paid to be there. With the TOF finished and promises of more meetings to really start work on developing timelines for the work on the ground to start.................the round table ended.

Two things happened to end the round table.

The TNG and Alexanderia Band asked for reduced licensed harvest in some areas, up to 80% reduction saying they needed the bull moose for their own needs. Government folded like cheap suits and reduced non resident quota and LEH opportunity by 80%. Putting several outfitters out of business and changing a lot of peoples hunting plans for region 5.

Signing of the MOU with the CO service put the final nail in the coffin for the round table. Just because the TNG claims they will not kill cow moose (even thought they admit they have several members that will not follow the MOU) this was the trigger for government to reduce licensed hunting.

This past summer I invited myself to a TNG moose meeting in Redstone. It was disgusting what went on. The TNG biologist stood up at the front and explained the MOU with the CO's and how it removed licensed hunters from the landscape. Put up your hand if you two would like to see less hunting pressure on your land!.
    The only question now was whether Tsi Del Del wanted to included mule deer does into the MOU as well just like Xeni Gwet’in did.
    It was unanimous that does would still be hunted and there was no appetite to stop shooting does.
    Of course I voiced my opinion as the uninvited guest and reminded everyone in the room that private properties and no shooting zone rules need to be respected. Once again I was told they cannot control their members.

Just two days ago I chased a couple of band members out of the Tatlayoko Valley who where hunting out of their new GMC crew cab looking for deer. These where not punks but a couple in their 60's.

Do I see a future in the Chilcotin working together collectively? Not until we get government to quit pandering to FN.

On a better note Xeni Gwet’in did draft their own wildlife laws, in it is some great stuff.
    No does or cows to be shot.
    4 mule deer point bucks only
    3 point whitetail bucks
    No night hunting at all.
    Fair chase applies to everyone.

That being said chief Jimmy admits he can not control everyone.

I wish I had better news.

Cheers,
    CB

Good for you Muliechaser,,I have nothing but respect, for you,,,

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post

Cheers,
    CB
    And this is why it's all BS. How in the hell did we allow the FN to have this type of veto power over the rest of the population? What the hell have the courts and governments done? The FN are not controllable in the bush as a group and no one can do anything about it. Meanwhile, the game populations suffer and everyone else's hunting privileges are sacrificed.........The FN are nothing but a bunch of sick self serving phukes. And I don't care if that sounds racist. The whole thing has been set up to label anyone who dissents as a racist......so I'm a racist.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

On a better note Xeni Gwet’in did draft their own wildlife laws, in it is some great stuff.
    3 point whitetail bucks
    No night hunting at all.

Well, i'll say this......If HIS RULES, drafted by his own hand, and meant to apply to HIS PEOPLE.....DONT APPLY, or WONT BE ENFORCED on his own people

...................................THEY SURE AS HELL DON'T APPLY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....if the day comes that my ability to hunt/fish legally is taken from me while others continue to harvest wildlife and fish based solely on their skin color........ I will become a "poacher"......what are they gonna do....take my license away???
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Thanks Doug.cant believe how hard this is on you, your familly, your buisness your passion for wildlfe.putting your wealth of knowledge foward to help everyone..putting yourself out there to try and help. ..those that for the most part only want help to have it all.
    thanks for the insight.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    so here I am and still undecided on how to approach this issue.

The TNG moose round table sounded like a good idea at first glance. With everyone from BCWF, GOABC, Cattleman's, lots of FN representation,BCTA, forest licensee representatives and piles of government from regional biologists, regional staffers, and several from Victoria with about 60 people ready to fix the moose problem.
    The first couple meetings where constructive setting the level of importance of different moose populations triggers and effects.
    The number one concern was predation
    Access, habitat enhancement, road deactivation and even responsible unlicensed harvest was on the table.

Once the list was established Terms of Reference for the round table was worked on, that is when I realized the the whole process ws a waste of time.
    There was even talk about paying elders who wanted to drop in to the meetings and hear what was going on. This really pissed me off as out of a large room of people there was only about four of use that weren't getting paid to be there. With the TOF finished and promises of more meetings to really start work on developing timelines for the work on the ground to start.................the round table ended.

Two things happened to end the round table.

The TNG and Alexanderia Band asked for reduced licensed harvest in some areas, up to 80% reduction saying they needed the bull moose for their own needs. Government folded like cheap suits and reduced non resident quota and LEH opportunity by 80%. Putting several outfitters out of business and changing a lot of peoples hunting plans for region 5.

Signing of the MOU with the CO service put the final nail in the coffin for the round table. Just because the TNG claims they will not kill cow moose (even thought they admit they have several members that will not follow the MOU) this was the trigger for government to reduce licensed hunting.

This past summer I invited myself to a TNG moose meeting in Redstone. It was disgusting what went on. The TNG biologist stood up at the front and explained the MOU with the CO's and how it removed licensed hunters from the landscape. Put up your hand if you two would like to see less hunting pressure on your land!.
    The only question now was whether Tsi Del Del wanted to included mule deer does into the MOU as well just like Xeni Gwet’in did.
    It was unanimous that does would still be hunted and there was no appetite to stop shooting does.
    Of course I voiced my opinion as the uninvited guest and reminded everyone in the room that private properties and no shooting zone rules need to be respected. Once again I was told they cannot control their members.

Just two days ago I chased a couple of band members out of the Tatlayoko Valley who where hunting out of their new GMC crew cab looking for deer. These where not punks but a couple in their 60's.

Do I see a future in the Chilcotin working together collectively? Not until we get government to quit pandering to FN.

3 point whitetail bucks
    No night hunting at all.

I wish I had better news.

Cheers,
    CB
    Thanks for attending and posting up. Sorry to hear all of this, but have seen enough of what they do and goes on in other regions, but some on here may believe it if comes from you.
    All the best to you and your family if you have to give up your business.

I am NOT Surprised at ALL on Doug's Report - The FN's do as they Please ! When they Please and how they Please and PISS on ALL us Whities ! Only Gonna get Worst too as they get more and more power from the NDP Gov and the Fed Libs !
    Better be Voting BLUE in this FED election and WE had better get BLUE rolling here in BC before its too LATE ! jmo RJ