Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BC moose hunting history

Re: BC moose hunting history

I believe the first report of moose in the Chilcotin was 1905.
    Invasion of moose, west of the Divide was enabled by railway right of ways and logging for ties and lumber, creating suitable moose habitat and a corridor for access.

Moose for sale in Agassiz for $5.00 a pound. I guess it was extra they didn't need.
    Learned something the other day. Our tax dollars pay for the fn to get it skinned, butchered, cut and wrapped. Nice of us.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Moose for sale in Agassiz for $5.00 a pound. I guess it was extra they didn't need.
    Learned something the other day. Our tax dollars pay for the fn to get it skinned, butchered, cut and wrapped. Nice of us.
    Tigrr Are you being serious ?
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Srupp, find a copy of Eric Collier’s book, Three Against the Wilderness. It chronicles his life and that of his wife and son at Meldrum Creek. In it he relates a story of the first known moose shot in the area in 1918 by two Indians. As the story goes they had no idea what they had killed having never seen one before. They had no known name for what they had shot. .
    Exactly J
    ager. My Gramps cowboyed the Alexis Cr. Hanceville area during WWI and for a few years thereafter. He was involved in the first moose kill in memory in that area in either 1919 or 1920, It was shot by a white cowboy/trapper the Indians have no hereditary claim to moose in the Chilcotin plain and simple.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; Today at 09:30 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Good job Srupp, I have known this for years but no one believed it.