Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BC moose hunting history

guest Guest

Re: BC moose hunting history

BValley. No blowing a gasket here. Just stating facts with nothing to hide like many.
    Your still a piece of work eh.....lol. Im guessing you would hate to show those real numbers too eh. Your a beauty.
    No need to waste any time with you. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Don’t blow a gasket curly top....some of us are actually working for future improvements.
    Mouthing off on here doesn’t get a damn thing done.
    Get off your high horse BV, to suggest Curly is just mouthing off here is laughable!! He's extremely passionate about wildlife and only wants what's best for future hunters and unlike many here he makes our voices heard at all levels! K

I agree wholeheartedly with RJ....and another thing, regarding pitlamping, besides being obviously unsportsmanlike, dangerous and inherently stupid, how can any FN as ”stewards of the environment “, condone such abhorrent practices. Perhaps the FNs did use maybe a torch or possibly a candle, how on earth do they make the leap to million-plus candlepower lights to blind and slaughter the critters? Just because it MAY have been done historically doesn’t make it right. Our politicians have allowed this to happen because they are too scared to speak up.Politically correctness wins again.
    At the very least, all FNs should be forced to abide by all safety and sportsmanship rules
    I fear it’s too late for non FN hunters , our only hope may be in organizing and lobbying....

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    BValley. No blowing a gasket here. Just stating facts with nothing to hide like many.
    Your still a piece of work eh.....lol. Im guessing you would hate to show those real numbers too eh. Your a beauty.
    No need to waste any time with you. Done.
    curly top....I don’t tend to take second and third hand gossip as a fact.
    I’m sure you’re completely up to date on all provincial wildlife issues and know for a fact FNs are taking more than their share.
    I will bet you that if FNs give a number as to what their true harvest is that all harvest opportunities from the non FN hunters take a cut.
    You might not like what you ask for.
    Be nice to see your facts that you’re stating posted up.....otherwise it’s just more BS being peddled.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Get off your high horse BV, to suggest Curly is just mouthing off here is laughable!! He's extremely passionate about wildlife and only wants what's best for future hunters and unlike many here he makes our voices heard at all levels! K
    f350ps.....no high horse here.
    I have no doubt that curly is passionate about wildlife and hunting.
    He’s not alone.
    His time would be better spent ensuring we have abundant wildlife for all instead of bitching about someone being able to do something he can’t.
    Kind of like scrapping over the cookie jar.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    So be it then. This isnt about take all you can get now, because nothing will be left soon. It should be about sustainability, the future, for years to come. To those holding back numbers and honesty.....With out real numbers, accurate numbers, our bios and managers will continue to manage the way they have for too long. Look where that has us.
    Again, accountability by EVERYONE, by all, every user group, or zero sustainability is in the future, were slowly getting there with the system we have had and continue to have.
    So with the attitude, have at er well you can, its not going to last, our hunting future of our traditions and heritage will be gone.
    That mentality of taking them now and peeing on future generations knows no race.

A fellow who has hunted this area for years was very miffed this year as restrictions have been put on all but 5 sideroads for no vehicles. Granted, he and his partner are in their 70's but are financially well off and don't ned the meat to survive. I offered for them to hunt our property as I can't see the government having any restrictions on private land to drive to spot x and hike or call from there. A couple days later they asked if they could bring their quads ( illegal in 5-12) and an Indian to call for them. I told them to bring their quads and if they were caught I would say they were trespassing and that I had spent 10 years educating the local Indians that our land is off limits and there was no way he was going to bring one back.
    They were quite miffed with my answer and my offer won't be repeated.

They aren't the only ones I have seen bend the rules or blatently break them. The Indians aren't the only ones with the entitlement mentality. Have met just as many more who respect the rules and the wildlife as should be.

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    I appreciate your reply PJ. Are you able to answer my questions to you directly. Like "what's wrong with FN reporting their harvest"? It would help all of us.
    There is nothing wrong with FN reporting their harvest and in recent years some nations have taken it upon themselves to census their members on their annual harvest, these numbers are shared with the Province who can then put real numbers to what is harvested rather than the province underestimating that harvest, which was historically the case.

Another FN has taken it one step further and enacted regulations and allocation to their members as well as mandatory reporting while respecting their individual indigenous rights, promoting that those rights do not come without responsibility.

I also wanted to mention that the signage we see in different areas that illustrates the impacts of shooting one cow in comparison to shooting a bull are huge as far as education for sustainability goes. Many living in poor economic conditions, that rely on hunting and fishing to survive and may be somewhat illiterate or not educated can understand what is being depicted on those signs.

Finally, in the case of the Tsihlqot'in who signed an accord with the Province for co-management of moose in which it is stated that one of the results of the accord will be a co-developed and co-hosted moose roundtable workshop with the goal of bringing representatives of neighboring Indigenous nations and stakeholders who wish to constructively engage in finding solutions to the moose decline in the region. Now if this isn't an invite to participate or even meet with TNG to discuss paths forward then I don't know what is.

Probably more than you were asking for but hope it helps somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    There is nothing wrong with FN reporting their harvest and in recent years some nations have taken it upon themselves to census their members on their annual harvest, these numbers are shared with the Province who can then put real numbers to what is harvested rather than the province underestimating that harvest, which was historically the case.

Another FN has taken it one step further and enacted regulations and allocation to their members as well as mandatory reporting while respecting their individual indigenous rights, promoting that those rights do not come without responsibility.

I also wanted to mention that the signage we see in different areas that illustrates the impacts of shooting one cow in comparison to shooting a bull are huge as far as education for sustainability goes. Many living in poor economic conditions, that rely on hunting and fishing to survive and may be somewhat illiterate or not educated can understand what is being depicted on those signs.

Finally, in the case of the Tsihlqot'in who signed an accord with the Province for co-management of moose in which it is stated that one of the results of the accord will be a co-developed and co-hosted moose roundtable workshop with the goal of bringing representatives of neighboring Indigenous nations and stakeholders who wish to constructively engage in finding solutions to the moose decline in the region. Now if this isn't an invite to participate or even meet with TNG to discuss paths forward then I don't know what is.

I was personally invited to the first meeting you mention by my friend Joe Alphonse. I thought it was really going to be a good thing with neighbors working together towards a common goal until a lawyer stood up at the end and began a dialog that put a wedge deeper between natives and non natives. I won't support that mentality, we are all Canadians.

1 land, 1 people, 1 LAW
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Must have been tipping a few early this am SRUPP. You seemed to have lost your dignity and ability to be coherent!
    That sir is a rediculase response, grow up, not every one has the same opinion. It is easy to see you have not
    been in an area where natives shoot moose 365 days a year and at all hours.

There is nothing wrong with FN reporting their harvest and in recent years some nations have taken it upon themselves to census their members on their annual harvest, these numbers are shared with the Province who can then put real numbers to what is harvested rather than the province underestimating that harvest, which was historically the case. If this is the case, those numbers should be accessible, right? Can you provide those numbers? There's a whole host of problems the go along with "self reporting". I am familiar with such programs and most are huge failures.

Another FN has taken it one step further and enacted regulations and allocation to their members as well as mandatory reporting while respecting their individual indigenous rights, promoting that those rights do not come without responsibility. So what does it mean "mandatory reporting while respecting their individual indigenous rights"? Again, if those numbers are not made available to the general public along with the method of collection and transfer of information, then as far as I'm concerned, it didn't happen.

Finally, in the case of the Tsihlqot'in who signed an accord with the Province for co-management of moose in which it is stated that one of the results of the accord will be a co-developed and co-hosted moose roundtable workshop with the goal of bringing representatives of neighboring Indigenous nations and stakeholders who wish to constructively engage in finding solutions to the moose decline in the region. Now if this isn't an invite to participate or even meet with TNG to discuss paths forward then I don't know what is. Is there a place where one could read the minutes of such meetings to see what was discussed, who was there, what actions were suggested etc? I for one would be very interested in this dialogue. Cooperation between competing parties, ( which the governments and courts have turned us into) must be transparent.

.................................................. ................................................
    Last edited by 180grainer; 10-13-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU