Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stranded and can't get to an area to hunt elk

Re: Stranded and can't get to an area to hunt elk

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^^axle.....
    Quote : My drive shaft busted on my truck do you know the difference ? and the front end has different LH and RH axles - RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Quote : My drive shaft busted on my truck do you know the difference ? and the front end has different LH and RH axles - RJ
    I bet if anyting it snapped the ears off of the pinion yoke when it let go at the worst . I dont see it cuasing so much damage it would render the truck inoperable . But you never know.

To the OP if somebody hasnt helped you get your rig going by or taken a look to really see whats going on let me know im out that way next week and can take a peek at it. Those old trucks are my favourite i own 2 of that generation . Let me know

Mc
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    1 ton kingpin axle solves that silly ttb on heavy duties
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

no one is gonna jump at going to hunt elk? If I wasn't leaving tomorrow for an elk hunt myself I'd drive and pick you up haha
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    My drive shaft busted on my truck and they're having issues finding a replacement, so I'm stranded on the one week I had off to go elk hunting..I have a spot in reg 8 where I found elk in the summer, if anyone wants to pick me up I'll split fuel and we'll go...if you got decent gear and are in decent shape let's go, I'd like to leave by tomorrow morning at the latest feel free to PM me whoever is interested..I gotta be back by Saturday in the afternoon..
    Assuming your vehicle is 4 wheel drive and it is tour rear drive shaft which failed, could you remove the drive shaft and put it in 4 wheel drive. Your truck will be front wheel drive. I had to resort to that one time.

Pats driveline in Vancouver did mine when u joint let go and pretzeled it local parts store shipped it for me

Only if transmission end is a u-joint style - if its a yoke you will be leaking tranny fluid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    Assuming your vehicle is 4 wheel drive and it is tour rear drive shaft which failed, could you remove the drive shaft and put it in 4 wheel drive. Your truck will be front wheel drive. I had to resort to that one time.

I’d be all over it but I am working this weekend

Pats driveline is the place to go.. nice guys
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I wish I could help but my Nissan gxe probably wouldn't make it to you let alone off any road

Sorry brother...good luck