Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 2013

my 2013

Hey all. Been a long stint of no hbc for the last 2 years have been checkin it out and seeing a little less stories for some reason ?
    2014 i was able to harvest a small wt meat buck but thats it . A new addition to the family and work has taken all my time .
    2013 was by far my best year taking 2 of my biggest deer back to back 26th and 27th of september .

Ok so first is the 4 point whitey i took on the 26th
    Not much of a story to him .
    I have permision on a farm land chunk i scouted and observed a few decent shooters , one being a big and i mean big 3 x3 wt
    Must have been his genetics or he was in degen as he had 10 inch brows (big brows and long tines in this area ) g2 on each side that went 10-12 inch and main beams that were close to 30 inches and a very respectfull spread of about the same . Very unique. He was on the radar . As luck would have it work comitments got in the way and i was un able to go for opening week . Meanwhile his nephew came up with his best friend and stayed for 2 days .

Nephew missed the big 3 on opening day and 15 minutes later settled for a nice 5x at closer range .
    Next day his best freind took post same thing big 3 popped out 2 shots rung out miss ans miss deer took off for the hills .
    About half hour later he then also settled for another good buck a 4x5 and that was that for them .

Again i was un able to get out there due to other comittments untill around the 22nd . I watched and never seen the 3 again .but there was a nice litte basket 4 out there . Fair enough Grabbed my gear and pulled a loop around the property ...... next property over brakes came on hard binos up .. theres the big three !!! My son who was 3 at the time as im looking at the buck he says what are you doing dad shoot him ! Lmao . The thing is i did not have permission for this land and had a hard time explaining that to him . Off we went .

Sept 26th .
    I had left my son at home this time as we had a hard dday of fishing the day before and he was beat .
    Got to the spot parked and walked in to my little perch a sit at every year it was about 430 when i got in there got comfortable for the long sit . A few does popped out wind in my face walked by at 20 oh so casually . Then 2 spikes a little 2 point and a small 3 . By now it was about half hour before legal shooting light was over ... nothing came out . Seeing as it was first day in stand i was ok with not harvesting anything just yet . Checked my time and i had about 5 minutes of legal light left . I started to slowly put my binos away and what not . Checked the time again 2 minutes ok well im going to start heading out just as i moved my leg and put my hand on the ground to get up i heard the unmistakable sound of a deers legs hitting barbwire to my left .
    Full alert instantly a quick checkof the time 1.25 minutes left ok lol
    I lift my head up after checking the time and theres a deer at 75 yards its a doe . Then another right behind it . Rifle is on the shoulder . I see bone . Rifle up in the crosshairs oh nice little 4 point . Bang flop . . Yeehaw that was fast !
    I unload the spent casing pull out the mag and stand up .. beeeep .. my watch beeps at the legal shooting time ending . Awesome just in time lol .

Last edited by Muliechaser; 07-03-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

2. Site Sponsor

Re: my 2013

Sorry about the toung i dont have photo shop
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

nice looking buck judging by the coat... must have been a good meat buck too

Beauty buck! Now what happened on the 27th?

2 more kids and a huge career change . Im back to tell the story . I still got out once in a while and there are Many years stacked up and just in time to pump yall up for opener! . Stay tuned fellas!

After i got the buck home ,hung and skinned it was time to turn on the cooler and get some rest .

September 27th 2013 .

Still excited and pumped up over the whitetail i had gotten the night before, i couldnt help but think about the next species on my list for the year. Mule deer . The year before had shot my first 4 point mule deer and i was bitten with the 4 point fever .

Much more meat and an excuse to make more delicous jerky!

We had plans that day to do a few dump runs and get a few things sorted and just get some general house work done in prep for the fast approaching winter .

Around noon we get a phone call from one of my good friends .
    She is asking the borrow the truck and trailer to move the rest of there stuff as there pickup had broken down .
    Sure why not . I quickly hatched a plan, under one condition . They lent us theyre suv in exchange for use of the truck .
    No problem .

Quickly shifting from 5th to 1st in the days plans i was left with a decision to stay on the same road finish up what little work i could do at home or take a wild left pack up the suv and go hunting an area i had been eyeing up thruout the summer months for mulies.

Hmmmm
    Not a hard decision. Lets go!
    Pack up my gear ,get my son who is only 3 at this time ready and hit the road . It is now about 2pm but thats ok .

The area we are headed to is about 30 ish km from our house . We fuel up get some snacks, water etc and off we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    2 more kids and a huge career change . Im back to tell the story . I still got out once in a while and there are Many years stacked up and just in time to pump yall up for opener! . Stay tuned fellas!
    It’s about time...I’ve been patiently waiting....

Ok ok enough, now continue on as hunting stories seem hard to come by lately on HBC
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

10 km later we finally make the transition from pavement to gravel , my son rolls his window down and says dad slow down , this is were the deer live!
    Haha ok.

I slow down while still making good ground towards our spot, its light fairly late still so no big rush and its still early in the season . And besides its all about spending time together as a family .

Roughly 430 pm we are getting close to our targeted area for the evening hunt , we have just seen a hare on the road and my son lights up . Deer! I hit the brakes, sure enough its a whitetail doe .

We sit and watch for a bit to see if there is anything else hanging around just for the heck of it . Nothing she continues to feed off thru the timber not caring we are there .

We carry on . It is now 530pm and the valley we are in runs north to south with the valley bottom low enough that the sun has faded on the west side inside face of this valley. I was hoping to be in a clearing by this time waiting as a 3 year old cant move to fast and quiet. Is what it is !

We get to the access trail, get our gear out and head towards our sitting spot .

You can see this clearing from about a km below on the main fsr into this area .
    There is also another road that runs the bottom but is deactivated a ways back by a bunch of trees across the road . The deer come out off of the timber ridge downwards into the clearing . And the access trail above puts you right near the top of the clearing .

630 pm.
    We enter the clearing thru the spotty timber ,to the left you can see the very bottom edge as there is quite a drop . Straight and to the right its a platue the entire length of the clearing and a good 30° incline* to the timber ridge .

I glass nothing . We quickly walk to the center point to get a vantage point of the bottom section of the clearing and the rest all at once . We need to get hunkered down asap the animals are going to start moving soon . Luckily we hadnt jumped anything that had allready entered the clearing .*

I quickly scan the lower portion in a haste to make sure there is nothing allready down there as we are going to watch the ridge mostly . We sit down on a log and get settled in for the last little bit of light .

My son is only 3 at the time so he has a hard time sitting still . All good .
    It is now 7pm ish , i am keeping a close eye on the ridge for movement* while my son keeps looking around erraticly and moving position haha .

All of a sudden my boy says dad . Daaad . DAD! As quiet as he can . What!? Haha . He points below us ....

cant wait til 2030 when this story is finished!!