Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Helmet when hunting?

Re: Helmet when hunting?

Helmet when hunting?
    This very interesting discussion,out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I wear a half helmet when I ride my motorcycle when I'm hunting I do not have to take it off to shoot.

I have the helmet sitting on the top of the Kolpin case in this picture.

This. Got my first quad a few years back wasn't big on the helmet idea for putting and hunting but went to Canadian tire and bought a biker bro beany flat black helmut 50 bucks, done. Doesn't impede hearing or vision and its nice and light. Put a thin wool toque under it when its cold and you're nice and warm. Having said that I did forget it yesterday and went on about a 30 km run De-ac road no traffic I took it real easy.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

I carry a half helmet with me always, but hardly ever wear it. Came across a police officer once one spring while out riding around on an FSR. They were looking into a call about gunshots fired. Never said anything about no helmet. Was pulled over by a game warden 2 years ago while moose hunting. He checked my papers and rifles and wished me good luck and a nice day, no talk of no helmet.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    Does this not outline what an ORV is;
    Prescribed classes of off-road vehicles

For the purposes of paragraph (b) of the definition of "off-road vehicle" in section 1 of the Act, the following vehicles, other than vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 4 536 kg or more, are prescribed:

(a)
    all-terrain vehicles;

(b)
    motorcycles;

(c)
    off-road side-by-side vehicles;

(d)
    snowmobiles;

(e)
    on-highway motor vehicles.
    section 21(1) of the Regs goes on to state which of the prescribed classes of off-road vehicle require helmet use.
    1)
    Subject to subsection (3), a person must not use, operate or be a passenger on an all-terrain vehicle, motorcycle or snowmobile on Crown land or prescribed private land, unless the person wears an off-road vehicle safety helmet.
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"