Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grey squirrel spots?

Re: Grey squirrel spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose63 View Post
    Anyone eat squirrels?
    Point Man does...

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Go fishing instead, way more meat. Or go shoot a black bear and save 15 fawns and moose calves.
    That theory is hugely exaggerated.

In 52 seasons of hunting and hundreds of bear scats observed I have seen one pile of bear poop with fawn hooves in it.

If people want to shoot a bear, fine, but if they think they are some kind of ungulate-saving hero for it, they're dreaming.

Well I guess in 52 seasons you didn't learn much about Bears. Lambs, kids, calves fawns and colts (wild and domestic) pay an aweful price to both Blacks and Grizzlies. FACT! Who cares about your reasoning, hunt bears, kill bears save fawns etc. Iron Noggin G creek Bearvalley, and others who have actually done that and been there, what say you guys.
    Last edited by Iron.Bender; 07-02-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    Gone Hunting. Back soon to go Fishing

Lots of people in the eastern US eat grey and fox squirrels.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

I've eaten squirrel for a bit now. Its pretty good actually. Not one single person I've served it to has had anything bad to say. In fact, most of them ask for meat if I happen to have any extra.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    Hey guys,

my August bunny march was somewhat successful in that I found rabbits, I shot some rabbits and I ate some rabbits! Not in great numbers but a great learning experience all the same. So many thanks for all the suggestions and tips on that thread.

Now! I am keen to identity some areas that I may be able to hunt grey squirrels.
    I appreciate a good laugh but please spare me the illegal options.

Just curious if there are any areas that are huntable, if they even exist outside of city limits.
    Is private land the best option, maybe getting farm land permission?

any helpful tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys
    Guys like you always creep me out.....but hey, find a walnut tree. The hazel nut farms out in the Valley might need someone....you could tell your next, or only, girlfriend you're a professional hunter. Turns some chicks on. I hear Cedar gets a kick out of that.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by MontyLake View Post
    That theory is hugely exaggerated.

In 52 seasons of hunting and hundreds of bear scats observed I have seen one pile of bear poop with fawn hooves in it.

If people want to shoot a bear, fine, but if they think they are some kind of ungulate-saving hero for it, they're dreaming.
    jey montlake buy your name alone i will tell you your eitheir blind or dumb....i have shot many nasty bears buy you..i see hoof scat yearly and shoot accordingly