Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Re: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    also I don’t know about you, but I get ALOT more excited to see a big mulie buck than I do a WT, but maybe that’s just because I’m from the east and used to WTs but either way, the more people that hunt WT successfully the BETTER!
    I have numerous American business and sport buddies that are from the east and when we talk hunting they default to giant Mule deer in BC.
    Me on the other hand, our group has killed some giants (MD) and we are on the Whitetail train now.
    I obsess about the giant pricks I have found and find them very difficult to kill compared to MD and elk.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

im a BC born mulie hunter,,,,,,ALWAYS after the thrill of mulies,,,,,,,,i get worked up over whitetail because they have a VERY liberal bag limit,,,and are an awesome big game animal for 1st time hunters,,,,i teach alot of beginners,,,and nothing beats the look on their faces after harvesting a little spike buck or large doe for their 1st big game animal,,,,,and there is NOTHING wrong with a slab of good ole whitetail back strap off the bbqu,,,,definately a very tasty addition to the diet
    Aim small,,miss small

I like mulies but am getting more interested in whitetails. Of course living on the island I have very opportunity to hunt whitetails, once or twice a year if I’m lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I have numerous American business and sport buddies that are from the east and when we talk hunting they default to giant Mule deer in BC.
    Me on the other hand, our group has killed some giants (MD) and we are on the Whitetail train now.
    I obsess about the giant pricks I have found and find them very difficult to kill compared to MD and elk.
    see and spending 25 years in their prime habitat I can find the white tail about anywhere, know exactly what they look for when they move and what they want out of their day, I guess that’s the joy of having such a vast array !

if you want to hunt some crackers I can send you in the right direction but they are SMART. Same big guy has been giving me the skip all 3 years. I have his sheds over 2 seasons. Not a record breaker by any means but a beautiful typical.

Love seeing the excited threads about upcoming hunts again. Hope to see some great photos of successful hunts soon.

Knock 'em dead B-rad!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

i am seeing more whitetails usually on private land but they are more and more common in spots that i nrver saw them before.i saw a doe with three fawns last weekend

can't find last falls bucks, but there were a couple with more mass that I hope I see again, this guy grew nicely

Last edited by Darksith; 09-09-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I guess what impresses me about whitetail, huge whitetail, is how they can survive in heavily hunted areas and in marginal habitat.
    Thanks for the offer ryoTHC but I'm good when it comes to finding crankers, got a few on the hit list again.

Great thread B-rad

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Darksith,,,,,that looks like a pinatan lake whitetail
    Aim small,,miss small

Great thread and bucks there guys..I can honestly say that whitetails of reg 3 have been half of my harvest the last 5 years or so, they seem to be doing well even though there is a liberal harvest...I was going to get out for a reg 3 first light hunt to try and knock one down then hit the road for a few days of elk but I was out today looking for a black bear and I busted a U joint ffaaaakk..