Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Carma

Good Carma

Long story short ,,LOL Don't ever run your side X side with low air pressure on the weekend this guy and his wife where just 12K from my hunting camp we were on our way back to my camp when we saw two people walking the road ,,I stopped of course and asked everything ok ,,the fellow replied we have been walking for 10K and our we glad to see you I asked whats the prob he said I bought a brand new side X side a few weeks ago and when i was on a hill and backing up on an angle the front two tires peeled off the outside of the rims ,,I took them back to my camp and asked them if they were cold if so I was going to get a big fire going they said they were not cold ,,I asked them if they had any tools in the side by side they said very little ,,,so I got what I needed from my camp for tools ,,etc went down to where the quad was we jacked it up in the front and I put on a ratchet strap in the middle around the tire to help push out the inner tire bead I then applied air and lord be it the tires both inflated ,,the manufacture on the tires said to have 10 pounds in the tires I said that's was why the tires in both sides in the front let go off the rims I put in 35 pounds of air to seal the tires on the rims then let the air pressure down to 25 pounds said keep this in the front tires till you get back and ask tell the dealership what had happened to you ,,My thoughts is with a 25 hundred pound side X side you need to keep the tires at 20 pounds of air in them ,,they thanked us derley and said give me email so I can send you some money I said no way that's an insult to me and my friend ,,I said you would do the same for us if we had a problem ,,the rull in the mounts is to help out anyone if they are in need of help ..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-04-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Good Carma

Right on.

Yep, always help out and never expect anything in return. It will always come around later in some way, shape, or form.

I'd say poorly designed rims would be the problem. We drove a sxs 30km out of the bush one time with a front flat after a stick went thru the sidewall. Up, down over logs, everything. Tire never came off the bead.
    I have a tire machine and do atv tires and they are usually really hard to get off the bead as well.

Good on ya Wayne! I would hope the majority of folks would help like you did. Also a good reminder to bring some sort of emergency kit with ya!

way to go sir...a true gentleman

Great of you to do Hunter 1947 !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Wayne, good to see you posting Hope your season is going well.

Good on ya for helping out. Pretty sure your Karma bank is full

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Right on Wayne, I always say hunters are good people and you just proved me right again.
    Nice to see you on HBC, hope all is well
    cheers and all the best of the season to you
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Great job Wayne!!! Nice to see your posts again.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Good on ya hunter1947, always feels good to help.
    Ya i never pass anyone who wants to chat for a few,
    or someone in need of help,
    done it many times, and don't want anything for it.

Exactly Hunter 1947, you just never know when it's going to happen to you, good on you. It's happened to me, (needing a helping hand). I was WT deer hunting in Sask. I was driving to my stand one early afternoon and on a side trail to the range lease that I permission on and I slipped into a mud hole and broke though the ice, the same ice that I had driven on before but the weather had warmed up. Man that prairie mud! I tried and tried but with no winch, I was stuck. So seeing as it was getting late the writing on the wall, so I decided to start hoofing to a small community 10-12 kms away to call for a tow truck ( there were only a few houses on the way to maybe borrow a phone, with no cell phone service in this area). About 4-5 kms into my walk I had just turned onto a grid road going N-S when a guy in a P.U. drove by the opposite direction, he stopped and turned around and drove up to ask if I was enjoying my walk, I told him it was a nice walk but I would sooner be sitting in my deer stand. He asked what the problem was and so I told him, he asked how badly was I stuck and did I think he could tug me out with his truck. I told him probably. He said jump in, that he just had to go home and grab a tow strap. In no time we were at my truck and he had me out of the mud hole. I told him how much I appreciated his help and if there was anything I could do to help him, he said no, no it's not necessary. I said at least let me buy you a bottle or something, and he said if you have to I don't mind Rye now and again. So I got him a bottle of Forty Creek and dropped it by his house, it was the least I could do.