Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Re: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Would love to hear more about some Whitetail areas! I’m lost around these parts.

J

3 days to go for ANY whitie,,,,everyone get their scouting in??,,,im going to be taking 2 new hunters out opening day for any whietail,,,(husband and wife),,,,this their 2nd year hunting and figure be good way for em to get some meat in the freezer,,,,and to experience the whole thing from scouting,,,,to pulling the trigger,,,,to hanging at their house,,,,,,wish yall best of luck,,,ill see ya soon
    Aim small,,miss small

^^^^have gotten a bit of scouting in a reg 3 spot this year...lol like clockwork though they seem to be going nocturnal now...and lots of does with young, I won't shoot those, gotta wait for a dry one, or a nice buck...

Good thread.
    Is it worth looking for white tails around 3-31 ( NorthWest of Clinton)

What I really want is a bear but it would be great to have an opportunity on a WT ( only hunted Mulies so far)
    Would be happy to get doe for the freezer.

what areas offer the best chance at a bear and WT doe in the same hunt?

DONE DEAL,,,,,,took a couple out this morning,,(husband and wife),,,,,,only seen 6 whitetail this morning,,,,,,,but cheri,,,(the wife),,,,,zoned in a a nice healthy doe,,,,all by her lonesome,,(dry doe),,,,watched her for about 10-15 min to make sure she was alone,,,,,cheri decided she wanted her,,,for her first deer,,,,,so hunkered down,,,,she quietly chambered a 243 round,,,,,i ranged the doe at 77 yards,,,,,could hear cheri take 2 big breaths and let the shot loose,,,,,,perfect shot,,,she fell about 10 yards from where she was standing,,,,the look on her face was priceless,,,,,and she had the buck fever shakes,,,,,gonna take her husband out next monday,,,,see if we can get him 1 also,,,,getting a bit jealous taking people out to harvest,,,,,,BE MY time here soon,,,lol,,,,
    Aim small,,miss small

Lucky folks getting the mentor treatment! Good on you

guest Guest

Helping others complete their goals feels great doesnt it. We need new hunters young and old. Our new recruits are our future of our traditions and heritage. Pay it forward and pass it on.
    Good on you!
    Way to go ! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    DONE DEAL,,,,,,took a couple out this morning,,(husband and wife),,,,,,only seen 6 whitetail this morning,,,,,,,but cheri,,,(the wife),,,,,zoned in a a nice healthy doe,,,,all by her lonesome,,(dry doe),,,,watched her for about 10-15 min to make sure she was alone,,,,,cheri decided she wanted her,,,for her first deer,,,,,so hunkered down,,,,she quietly chambered a 243 round,,,,,i ranged the doe at 77 yards,,,,,could hear cheri take 2 big breaths and let the shot loose,,,,,,perfect shot,,,she fell about 10 yards from where she was standing,,,,the look on her face was priceless,,,,,and she had the buck fever shakes,,,,,gonna take her husband out next monday,,,,see if we can get him 1 also,,,,getting a bit jealous taking people out to harvest,,,,,,BE MY time here soon,,,lol,,,,
    Good on ya...I haven't gotten out since last week, getting excited for reg 3 WT..

Went hunting the other morning and saw a dandy WT buck run across the hwy heading for bed around 5am. (noted the location) The big ones are most often bedded down early and don't move until late in the evening - until the RUT that is.

I grew up hunting whities in the Rock Creek/Christian Valley area. I continue to do my annual hunt down there since I still have old friends with farm land with plenty of elk and WT's but maybe I'll start scouting around here for them. I've seen them in the Shuswap area but haven't seen too many around where I hunt but i'm usually hunting the higher elevation though and that's where the MD are.

I find them more exciting to hunt than MD. They have a system and pattern they follow, using the same trails and routes routinely. Once you find an area with them, you can setup trail cams, figure out their route, setup in the blind or tree stand, rattle and call during the rut, then wait for it to happen.

I just got home from an evening hunt and let a very nice old looking 4x4 MD live another day. It was almost sundown or I would have attempted a stock on the old guy.
    Place witty signature here.

lots of truth to that,,,,one of the 1st things i try to explain to newer hunters is to ALWAYS remember where you seen a whitetail,,,,,,in my experience,,,,,,,whities will always be in that general area,,,,,there is quite the difference between hunting whities and mulies,,,,i live and grew up in now for about 36-37 years in Barnhartvale,,,,,,never use to be white tail,,,,but now they are present here,,,i been studying them ever since
    Aim small,,miss small