Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Re: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    4 mulies less...tunqwa area.....didnt see any w tales...whole 4days..

anything decent ???

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    WT does everywhere. Have witnessed 3 bucks. A spike and two forks. How the hell does every doe have twins but there are no sperm donors?

by far the fewest white tail this years since I’ve started hunting but I’ve filled one tag thankfully. The road pressure in my areas I hunt has probably doubled this year vs last.
    They learn to stay off the roads quite well, adapt to the pressure...the mature bucks I'm sure are around..but ya it's amazing how many does each buck must breed..it was during my 2nd hunting season that they brought in the doe season, so before that all the hunting pressure was on bucks, and it was amazing how many whitetails were all over the place, while the buck:doe ratio was way out of whack..

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    just checking to see how everyone making out on the whitetail scene in the kamloops area,,,,,,hope everyone has been able to at least spot a few,,,,,,im doing a big 3 day hunt on mon,,tue,,wed,,,,,should be an absolute blast,,,,weather looks like gonna be awesome aswell,,,,all the best to my fellow bush thumpers,,,,see yall in few days
    I only got out for a couple hours last weekend and none this weekend due to work..but the sign is there, was not seeing them at first or last light, they could be nocturnal for the most part right now....

Been a great year for deer in Kamloops for me so far. Between my dad and I we’ve taken one bear , two nice 3 point mule deer, one big spike whitetail and one whitetail doe. The doe season is definitely cutting whitetail numbers down. Funny thing this year lots of road hunters can’t remember the last time I actually bumped into another hunter in the Bush. I love it keep driving I say

kamloops always been good to me hunting wise for last 32 years,,,i honestly cant say iv had a bad year here,,,,,,,only complaint i have is in all the years i been hunting here,,,,,,iv YET to this day EVER get a damn LEH mule doe draw,,,,and i put in every year for it,,,,lol,,,,,,but yes,,,,we off to a good start,,,,iv had my hand in helping with 4 harvested deer so far this year,,,,,,,and now iv helped out a few people,,,,,next week is all bout me,,,time to fill the freezer
    Aim small,,miss small

How do you guys mainly hunt your big whities? Sitting in an area they frequent or slowly still hunting? I've been lucky enough to rattle one in during the rut.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    anything decent ???
    Nothing big,,2..3pointers good eating....just see one 4pointer....too smart this time..maybe big ones still up high..we hunted on lowland..

Quote Originally Posted by Haydenmk View Post
    How do you guys mainly hunt your big whities? Sitting in an area they frequent or slowly still hunting? I've been lucky enough to rattle one in during the rut.
    All the above ways..

Quote Originally Posted by Haydenmk View Post
    Hunt the rut big WT bucks can be like phantoms till then. Yes you can get the job done before then but the number of big bucks that magically appear during the rut is a huge increase. Even running trail cams the number of bucks over 150 is low till after the first week of November

For myself a lot of the areas I target still hunting is not an option. Even ground blinds are not a good choice because the lack of visibility from the ground. The tree stands I have set this season have a max of a 35 yards shot. From the ground in the same location you are lucky if you have 10 yard shot opportunity. I increased my sightings of mature WTs big time hunting areas like this. Downside you give up comfort and be prepared to be frustrated with glimpses of big bucks without a shot opportunity do to limited visibility. I also target areas well away from cut blocks, fields or large openings of any kind. In my opinion there is WT in both size and numbers that are going under 95% of hunters radar. I go out of my way to explore the timber most ignore and avoid what most hunters are focusing on. This has nothing to do with distance. I had one location in a ravine no more then 200yards off a well travelled road that treated me really well till the area was logged

I am a big believer in calling and rattling/doe bleat combo is my go to. Calling goes well with the small openings I hunt because it improves the odds of them giving me a shot vs seeing glimpses going through the bush

This is my style of hunting WT and it made a big difference in my success rate. It has worked for me in both BC and Alberta. But you wil also meet guys who target large openings glassing

It’s a mental game and I have sat people in my stands and heard how the F do you shoot anything like this many times lol