Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Re: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Great thread and bucks there guys..I can honestly say that whitetails of reg 3 have been half of my harvest the last 5 years or so, they seem to be doing well even though there is a liberal harvest...I was going to get out for a reg 3 first light hunt to try and knock one down then hit the road for a few days of elk but I was out today looking for a black bear and I busted a U joint ffaaaakk..
    well, I was out checking a load for my hunting ammo, and a big ol bear decided to take a huge shit right where I lay prone to shoot.. looks like my day has been decided tomorrow’s LOL

was thinking ducks in the AM, grouse all afternoon and maybe bump a bear feeding on the berries then head and see if there are any delicious whitetail hanging out around tunkwa fingers crossed for decent weather.

Best of of luck to everyone tomorrow !

i wont go out tomarrow,,,maybe ill head out Wed-Thur
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    ahhh,,,,another season upon us,,,,so pumped to get back out there in 2 days and start pumping away at some more whitetail in kamloops region,,,,noticing as every year goes along the pickings for bucks is SLOWLY increasing,,,,but its getting there,,,,and the bucks SLOWLY gaining in size over last few years,,,,,,last year i could only muster a spike buck,,,and a 3x3,,,,which i was happy with,,,,,definately TONS of does out there for Oct 10 th opener,,,,,,might take a friend of mine out this year(his 1st year hunting),,,,,get him his 1st whitetail doe to start with,,,,,,he is a meat hunter and is not expecting anything but meat for there freezer,,,good luck all,,,pound the rocks hard this year
    In the area I've been hunting white-tails near Kamloops I've noticed the opposite this year. Even on trail cam I'm only seeing about 1/3 of the # of bucks from previous years and most are spikes compared to the half dozen 5x5s plus I had last year on cam. Also seeing more traffic on the roads even though most of the area is private land and all branch roads have been deactivated.

On the other hand seeing easily double the # of bears this year, both in the spring and fall so far already. Already saw 2 wolves cross a road in front of me too but wasn't quick enough with the rifle, needed about 5 more seconds.

happy opening day fellow bush humpers!!!!!!
    Aim small,,miss small

Hey all. I am up in barriere area middle of October for mulies. I seem to have good luck with connecting with those but still don't have any luck finding wts. Any tips and tricks would be awesome.

tim,,,,,there is whitetail on either side of barrier,,,,,,,,heffley has them,,,,,,little fort has them,,,,,,plus you can see them quite often up agate bay road,,,,,,,turn off highway at louis creek
    Aim small,,miss small

so how everyone make out,,,,,,any whities spotted or harvested today?
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    can't find last falls bucks, but there were a couple with more mass that I hope I see again, this guy grew nicely

Wow..................................
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Wow..................................

Found a a half dozen white tails. Two small bucks, neither worth the bullet.

Lots of bears out, and a limit of blue grouse for dinners .

nice!!!!,,,awesome to hear Ryo,,,i might go for a hunt tomarrow,,,,this huntin itch is killing me
    Aim small,,miss small