Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink mountain moose hunt help!

Pink mountain moose hunt help!

Me and 3 people have a moose hunt planned for pink mountain in a few weeks.just looking for some help in regards to access with quads as maps are confusing and regs are little unclear.anyone with experience or knows the area if they could help out that would be amazing thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pink mountain moose hunt help!

Good luck B...pack your snow gear. .straight shooting Bro.
    steven

What is unclear in the regs?

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    What is unclear in the regs?
    Maps on where restrictions are they are very vague with very little detail or landmarks/road names to know exactly where the restrictions start for 757 for example where there is motor vehicle closures and where ATv are ok

look up muskwa ketchika management area...it will make it all very clear. I wouldn't even bother with that trip, keep driving honestly to get north of the MKMA, just my 2 cents, but your going to miss most of the moose rut if your leaving in 2 weeks, you should be leaving this weekend
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Hmmm For Moose: My take is Sept. 10 - 25 pre rut; Sept. 26 - Oct. 9 rut; Oct. 9 - 23 post rut; Give or take a week on any of the categories.

Quote Originally Posted by high and to the right View Post
    Hmmm For Moose: My take is Sept. 10 - 25 pre rut; Sept. 26 - Oct. 9 rut; Oct. 9 - 23 post rut; Give or take a week on any of the categories.
    I wouldn't argue too much with that, I think most of the moose vocalizations are in sept, and things start to get real quiet and slow come Oct 1 up north. Im hunting Sept 13-28 if Im hunting moose up that way
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by bchunter181 View Post
    Maps on where restrictions are they are very vague with very little detail or landmarks/road names to know exactly where the restrictions start for 757 for example where there is motor vehicle closures and where ATv are ok
    Download iHunterBC or Hunt Buddy apps. They will tell you in real time where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Download iHunterBC or Hunt Buddy apps. They will tell you in real time where you are.
    Yes but they do not tell you the restrictions with the mka other than map 20i have the huntbuddy

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    look up muskwa ketchika management area...it will make it all very clear. I wouldn't even bother with that trip, keep driving honestly to get north of the MKMA, just my 2 cents, but your going to miss most of the moose rut if your leaving in 2 weeks, you should be leaving this weekend
    I have many many times and downloaded all the maps they do not make sense at all and very little detail to know we the boundaries are and also I think I'm going perfect time for rut personally.i am going sept 27 to oct 10 which I think should be perfect.also only way to get north of that mka management area is north of fort nelson on the other side of the liard river
    Last edited by bchunter181; 09-09-2019 at 12:59 PM.