Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butcher recommendations Salmon Arm - Lumby

Re: Butcher recommendations Salmon Arm - Lumby

Westland sausage (walter) on the 97b between enderby and salmon arm is an exellent meatcutter and sausage maker, he is in the book.

Usually we do our own, however my son arrowed a whitetail on opening day and I had to choose between butchering or hunting on the second. Considering i was back to work on the third and the Okanagan temps, the butcher was a small price to pay. Was surprised that Sundowner was closed at 7:30 pm opening bow/youth day so got in touch with RT Ranch in Cherryville. Picking up the meat tomorrow but have to say that the customer service was excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Westland sausage (walter) on the 97b between enderby and salmon arm is an exellent meatcutter and sausage maker, he is in the book.
    I forgot to mention this guy, used him once when everywhere else was full. Made nice pepperoni but he cut the steaks way to small, European style I guess. I like a thick steak, and something bigger in diameter than a golf ball which is what he did. Otherwise is a good butcher.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

I have used Rory at RT many times and he does great work. He does get busy so it is best to call ahead .
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

I've used Helmuts in Vernon for years. Yes, meat must be deboned. Don't forget to bring your Tag for their records, they won't take your Meat without spent Tag info.

Well as luck would have it my brother and I ended up getting a beautiful 4 point md opening day so we ended up going to Tappen. All I can say is wow. The entire experience was fantastic. They were so kind and patient in answering all my questions (I'm still very new at this) and I'm so happy with how they handled all the meat. The pepperoni is some of the best I've ever had and I can't wait to try everything else. I really hope that they have room to take in my next deer because I don't want to go anywhere else!

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions everyone!

Good to know, thanks Dash.