Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butcher recommendations Salmon Arm - Lumby

Question Butcher recommendations Salmon Arm - Lumby

Hey all,

Hope you're getting as excited as I am for the 10th!

I'm hoping some of you folks can help me out with some recommendations for butchers. I'm in Armstrong but I'm willing to travel a bit for a good butcher. I've only lived up here for a year and a half/1 season and the only one my husband and I have experience with is Grillers in Vernon. No offense to them, I just want to try and find other options.

Thanks so much and best of luck to everyone!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Butcher recommendations Salmon Arm - Lumby

Sundowner in Lumby is good. Used them for pork last year, bacon is great.

We do our own butchering but we take our trim to butcher to be made into a variety of sausage. When in Alberta we go to Sandy view, and in BC we take our trim to Tappen meats, just south of Salmon Arm. The guy in Tappen has a good reputation over the years for producing good quality product.

Second tapped meats

Tappen meats

Really appreciate the suggestion so far, thanks guys!

I tried to get into Sundowner last year but I don't think they were accepting any more game for the year (I can' really remember!) I'll try again though.

I'll definitely look into Tappen meats as well.

RT Ranch in Cherryville has an ad in the current Regulations Synopsis, page 88. I've never used them but would be another option in our region. I also enquired at Helmut's Sausage in Vernon although that was a number of years ago. The lady that served me did mention they would make sausage etc. for xx$$/pound but the meat had to be deboned, ready to go. The fellow that used to own Ritter's in Vernon would probably do it too, but he shut his business down a number of years ago.

Helmut's in Vernon is one of THE best when it comes to sausage or pepperoni. Do need to be deboned, so I usually just bring in trim or burger. Sedo's in Salmon Arm is also an excellent choice, and two years ago they took my whole deer. I've heard good things about Mike's Meats just north of Enderby, but never used them myself. You can find them a few hundred yards up the hill towards Salmon Arm past Bairds ready mix.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Can also vouch for Sedos in Salmon Arm. Have had them do pepperoni and is one of the best I've had.

Good info to know. Thanks