Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More about pal ,,,waiting

Re: More about pal ,,,waiting

I was getting worried about being in the same situation at the end of July. I phoned the RCMP and was told: 1) My PAL renewal had been approved and was awaiting processing of the card, and 2) if my current card were to expire before the new card arrived, be sure to keep all firearms safely stored. So, answer is no.

FYI, card arrived about 10 days later.

If you were actually approved and have a valid pal but you have not received the card you should be good to go. They can easily look it up. If it says it's still being processed than you are not valid.

Yes it been approved...coming in week or two...but duck hunting starts in 2days ...i wanna be there,,

Good luck with that....must be able to produce it if asked

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    And I’ve been asked every time. You must be super handsome or something.

Ive even had to get out and put my hands on the hood while my truck got rifled through to make sure I wasn’t lying.
    I AM pretty handsome, and I don’t look sketchy either..... Some folks just have more stress with law enforcement than others I guess.

So what is the rest of the story? You have been approved, but the card is hung up, coming in a week or two.
    Most rpal renewals take a week or two just for complete process, ie, you have it in hand.
    So yours has been approved but is not sent. You have not told us all the story.
    Your card is purposefully delayed. Some thing has changed in your life and I suspect that there was an inquiry made of someone and the response was maybe something to cause them to delay your renewal.
    I will say this. If you were to go duck hunting and perchance stopped and asked for your rpal or pal and you produced an expired, you can kiss your firearms goodbye. You will have police knocking on your door and enter, without producing a search warrant (stating exigent circumstances) and seize whatever firearms you have. You will never go duck hunting again. Is it worth it?
    Tomorrow, Monday, you should phone the Firearms Office again to see if it's still held up. If you are told it's still in the approval state but not in the mail, then perhaps you should ask if you need a lawyer.
    For BC Firearms Office, 1-800-731-4000 extension 9530
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

jag....//So what is the rest of the story? You have been approved, but the card is hung up, coming in a week or two.
    Most rpal renewals take a week or two just for complete process, ie, you have it in hand.
    So yours has been approved but is not sent. You have not told us all the story.
    Your card is purposefully delayed. Some thing has changed in your life and I suspect that there was an inquiry made of someone and the response was maybe something to cause them to delay your renewal.///

jag.. ya imagination is amazing..well one thing changet...i,m year older......when card is approved,,,and ready to sent or send already..there is NO inquiry going on no more..unless criminal elements are there..in that case card is not proved or mail it out.....but i guess yu never find it out ,,how slow is can, mailing system...? i get 29kg parcel from finland here in 8working days...regular mail....letter from van,island 2 weeks..see the diff.
    but when ya gonna try to get new PAL...yu might have a broblem,,,because yu pen,name jagermeister...yu might have to get paper from case liquer store,,,what tells how many bottles that bitter germany stuff ya using /per year..
    if to many...no new card..
    in very beginning they promised pal in 45 days...what is not a case...and i can't help it..,,,,have rainy day jag..i,m expecting my card any day..no worries,,why yu don,t join salmon arm gun club,,,i know shooting range in case,,no good..
    Last edited by finngun; 09-09-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Most of the RPAL holdups are from the CFO office wanting to see proof of range membership. I told the CFO woman I talked to that they rcmp/cfp site needs an upload feature for a photo of range membership. She didn’t disagree with me, but said that the office where the paperwork initially goes do doesn’t care if RPAL applicants have a range membership or not. Just the CFO office is interested in it. Typical bureaucracy.

Problem solved in a 15 minute phone call. Most of that time was spent on hold. Quick photo of range membership emailed to them and bingo.

Every single RPAL renewal I’ve done is held up for this reason. And it only got processed because I phoned in to see what the holdup was. They could solve the problem, but won’t. Any tinkering with their online system might break it like Phoenix is broken...

yep boner,,,,why it is to much to ask that membership in first place..only in canada y see? bureaucracy just keep going on..simple thing to fix ..

My RPAL is coming up for renewal. Do you need a range membership if you want to renew an RPAL but dont currently own any restricted firearms?