Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More about pal ,,,waiting

More about pal ,,,waiting

My new rpal is processed..just hanging in the mail...old is expired..so can I go to rr. On hunting All by myself ,,,or not before new one is in my hand?I heard 2 answers ...yes and NO.......it takes more than 45days ...they promised. Sad

2. Site Sponsor

Re: More about pal ,,,waiting

I have never been asked by a CO for a PAL...

No valid PAL in hand = No go

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I have never been asked by a CO for a PAL...
    And I’ve been asked every time. You must be super handsome or something.

Ive even had to get out and put my hands on the hood while my truck got rifled through to make sure I wasn’t lying.

I’ve heard that you can hunt with another person as long as they are within arms reach and they hold a valid pal. The regs should be consulted before you take advice from us haha

It is my understanding that since you do not need a PAL to take core you do not need a PAL to hunt (Demonstrate knowledge of firearms), also think bow hunting, kids hunting. It is also my understanding that you do not need a PAL to use a firearm as long as you are under the control of a person who is correctly licenced. Under the control was described to me as being able to communicate without the need for an amplified voice ie. radio/phone etc. This came from a CO but others or RCMP may view differently.

Why not call the RCMP Firearms center I have always found them to be very helpful & it is not worth losing your PAL over.

It's my understanding that if you are approved and it's in the system you're good to go. I sent my renewal in electronically last Feb before it was set to expire in mid May. I didn't recieve my new one until July, but was told I was approved so didn't have to worry about possessing my restricted and prohibited firearms. I was left with the impression that I was fine to carry firearms as I was approved. They also told me there was a big backlog as they were having problems with the machine that printed them and hence the big delays.

OP asked if could go “all by himself” ...answer is NO. Can’t be in possession of a firearm on your own without PAL.

I know what I’d be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I’ve heard that you can hunt with another person as long as they are within arms reach and they hold a valid pal. The regs should be consulted before you take advice from us haha
    Went through this myself at one time about hmmm we’ll a long time ago . Firearms officer at that time in Surrey said you can still hunt if you don’t have your PAL just need to be within arms reach of someone who does have there’s .
    Arctic Lake