Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Best shop for Diesel trucks in Fraser Valley

Re: Best shop for Diesel trucks in Fraser Valley

Even the truck companies relied on beta testers. A case in point, the Allison transmission, in the first year of production , the ones that broke were shipped back to the factory. Those first year buyers were the beta testers. Got that from a GM dealership service manager.

You need the tuners to run a delete kit so the 6.7 can run like a 5.9.

I can honestly say I don’t know a good place in the lower mainland, been through all that stuff with tuners etc, and really it just becomes a rabbit hole IMO, do a tuner, then a waste gate, the egr delete, then this then that, tranny starts shuddering, head gasket blows, rebuild that then rear end... just silly, just to save a little mileage and gain some power? The new Ram has 1000 lbs of torque! Just drive it and no worries, after I dumped my tuned truck I was so happy, just put in fuel and go!

i get the desire for more power etc but for me its just a never ending game of patch this and that... however just my opinion..
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Daily drove my 12V and sold it with upwards of 400xxx going strong. I never threw it on the dyno but I bet it was in the 400hp, 700 ft lbs range. Head studs, turbo 62/65/12, injectors 5x.12's, lift pump, #100 plate, AFC spring dialed in, TT OFV, BHAF, DD Southbend, turbo back 4"

Miss that truck should have never sold it..

The EGR delete kit is a good thing for the engine. I my case, it saves carboning up the turbo. I don't have to drive far enough to burn it off. The DEF addition are improvement over the BlueTec. But the DEF freezes and the valves are plastic. Not ideal at 40 below. So you do need to delete for a reliable usable truck.

Find a Duramax forum and ask these question there. Coming to this forum to ask about this or any other question for that matter just turns into shiit show. Don’t come here asking questions, just come here to read and get a good laugh.

Just have to remember, all these trucks have some sort of "Weakness".
    Tranny's for example, on my buddy's older ford (2002?), it has terrible "cooling" for the tranny.
    Our 2006 Diesel had to have the tranny rebuilt as well, and it didn't have a ton of km's either.
    Some parts on these trucks need to be replaced with better built stuff first.
    That's the direction I would go if you have the money, "find out the weaknesses" first.
    Then swapping chips etc is okay.
    My buddy has all that on his truck, and yes, he can have way better fuel economy, or more power etc.
    Plus he can see what temps are running on what parts.
    So, if you are planning on holding on to the tuck for many years, it's all worth doing.
    If you are going to flip it in several, I wouldn't bother with all of it.