Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best shop for Diesel trucks in Fraser Valley

Re: Best shop for Diesel trucks in Fraser Valley

Diamond Diesel, talk to Landis.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Are you referring to your car or truck? I never noticed any smell in my truck. The stock cat and muffler are restrictive robbing you of power.....if you want to keep the cat buy an aftermarket high flow cat.
    Car. Why would your truck be any different without a cat?

You mentioned the smell of diesel, we’re you referring to the smell in general or the possibility to smell it in the cab? Cab venting for a truck is further away from the exhaust so less chance of the issue your having. I looked at buying a Jetta tdi( 06 i think ) and the ac would turn off when you put the car into reverse to help avoid exhaust in the cab.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Car. Why would your truck be any different without a cat?
    I’ve never heard the inside of a car called a cab.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    You mentioned the smell of diesel, we’re you referring to the smell in general or the possibility to smell it in the cab? Cab venting for a truck is further away from the exhaust so less chance of the issue your having. I looked at buying a Jetta tdi( 06 i think ) and the ac would turn off when you put the car into reverse to help avoid exhaust in the cab.
    Well the smell inside the cab is not the only issue. Start it in your garage and the whole thing stinks for a half hour Any time you're around it it stinks. I'm sure youd be starting your truck up in camp and such.

Just sayin .... my experience is it really stinks for a small 2.0 4 banger. I wouldn't want It any worse on a bigger engine.

Ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    I’ve never heard the inside of a car called a cab.
    I wonder why they call them "cabin air filters" then? Lol. What planet are you on?

Has anyone had any experience with the diesel doctor in abby? I have heard good things but have no personal experience... If you are mechanically inclined I would suggest reading up on the task and watching some YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by fourbyfourtoy View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the diesel doctor in abby? I have heard good things but have no personal experience... If you are mechanically inclined I would suggest reading up on the task and watching some YouTube videos.
    Doing the hardware yourself is easy. It's the programming that is expensive and cant be done at home.

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    Hands down DK diesel in Bellingham. i think theres a reason the opinions on BD are so polarized...inconsistence in service. are you willing to roll the dice with your truck.

PM me if you are interested for info.
    I called around last year and nobody in WA was doing any programming or deleting. Guy I spoke to said the EPA was up their butt and making life really difficult for the diesel tuners. I suppose it might have changed but I limited my search to BC after that conversation. I settled on a guy in Nanaimo but it fell off my radar and I never did end up doing it. Of course, I drive a Ford, so the stock power is adequate
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Are you mechanically inclined in any way? Have a basic socket set, Jack and jack stands???? Buy a plug and play kit. Simple to install and everything is already programmed into the tuner