Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best shop for Diesel trucks in Fraser Valley

Best shop for Diesel trucks in Fraser Valley

I’m looking to get my Duramax chipped, exhaust, delete etc. Curious to see what shops people recommend. I live in Langley so looking at shops in the Fraser valley. Also looking for feedback on what people have learned about the process and the results, good and bad.
    thanks to all.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best shop for Diesel trucks in Fraser Valley

Is 7 minutes too soon to say “you should have bought a Cummins” . Haha. I’d go with BD Diesel in Abbotsford. They seam to be the industry leaders in my opinion. I imagine they will be a bit more expensive than others you may find but they know what they are doing.

I recently had my 2014 Cummins deleted and tuned at JD Diagnostics in Abby on Sumas Way. The tune is an "EFI Live", it's a straight 50hp "tow tune" and no other settings. Truck has considerably more power, throttle response is great and there's almost zero turbo lag. Fuel economy increased, especially on the in town portion of our driving. There have been a few bugs but the shop has been quick to deal with them and things seem to be working great now. I have a 6-spd manual trans in my truck and I had to replace the clutch right after as it wouldn't hold the extra power but apparently the stock clutch in these trucks are borderline as it is and life span is not great, but just a heads up as to going down the rabbit hole so to speak, one thing leads to another. Cons of the whole thing would be some black smoke that I was told wouldn't happen but does under certain instances, mainly stepping on it at lower rpm but other times as well. Also with all of the emissions stuff being removed, the exhaust has that raw diesel smell so if you're adverse to that its another thing to think about. All in all we're pretty happy with the results. I had issues with the emissions equipment on my truck from early on so that was the main reason for me getting the work done, altho the extra power and fuel economy is a nice bonus as well.
    Last edited by dodge456; 09-07-2019 at 12:53 PM.

My dad has taken his cummins to BD a few times with good results but I've also had buddy take his duramax there for overheating issues and BD told him he needed a head gasket. He said no way and took it somewhere else. Turned out it was overheating from a plugged up rad. Quick wash and all fixed. He is pissed at BD trying to stick him with a couple grand bill.

Luckily i haven't had to take my cummins in for any serious work. So far pretty much all my work has been done by Dales alignment, Midas in Aldergrove or myself. But with 350000kms i might follow this thread.
    Last edited by r106; 09-07-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

wire Connectors, drill bit, tap and some time and you could install it your self. I installed one in my duramax with the help of a friend. Hardest part was getting the new down pipe over the tranny crossmember. Def box was a bit of a pain as well. What size exhaust are you getting? I stuck with 4” but should have gone with 5”. Less droning and less turbo whistle with the 5”. Do you have a gmc or chevy? Changing the down pipe off the turbo is a good idea as well, $250 for a bds down pipe and you gain ~ 20hp and 40ft/lbs. depending on the yr of your truck, it’s a fairly easy job if you have a gmc but the Chevy has a slightly different firewall which makes it harder.

Dodge456..... Tons of guys think is cool to roll coal so they turn up the low boost fuel setting. If you don’t like the extra smoke at low boost ask the shop to turn it down. Another thing to watch out for with a standard transmission is fly wheel failure. With a 50hp tune you should be ok but I know guys that have had the fly wheel fail once they started pushing 180hp over stock.

My vote for BD too.
    Kitson (first name eludes me right now, neighbors grand son) races the dam things.
    So, the guys there know their s***

I had my Bluetec CTD chipped at BD. My buddy had issues with his older 4sp auto, they were clueless, they couldn't fix it, and he thought he got ripped off. It was a simple fix at another shop that knew what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dodge456 View Post
    I recently had my 2014 Cummins deleted and tuned at JD Diagnostics in Abby on Sumas Way. The tune is an "EFI Live", it's a straight 50hp "tow tune" and no other settings. Truck has considerably more power, throttle response is great and there's almost zero turbo lag. Fuel economy increased, especially on the in town portion of our driving. There have been a few bugs but the shop has been quick to deal with them and things seem to be working great now. I have a 6-spd manual trans in my truck and I had to replace the clutch right after as it wouldn't hold the extra power but apparently the stock clutch in these trucks are borderline as it is and life span is not great, but just a heads up as to going down the rabbit hole so to speak, one thing leads to another. Cons of the whole thing would be some black smoke that I was told wouldn't happen but does under certain instances, mainly stepping on it at lower rpm but other times as well. Also with all of the emissions stuff being removed, the exhaust has that raw diesel smell so if you're adverse to that its another thing to think about. All in all we're pretty happy with the results. I had issues with the emissions equipment on my truck from early on so that was the main reason for me getting the work done, altho the extra power and fuel economy is a nice bonus as well.
    how much did they charge for the work you got done?

Quote Originally Posted by Noreasny View Post
    how much did they charge for the work you got done?
    Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Dodge456..... Tons of guys think is cool to roll coal so they turn up the low boost fuel setting. If you don’t like the extra smoke at low boost ask the shop to turn it down. Another thing to watch out for with a standard transmission is fly wheel failure. With a 50hp tune you should be ok but I know guys that have had the fly wheel fail once they started pushing 180hp over stock.
    I can manage the smoke, it depends on how I drive it really. I just was hoping not to have any but I can live with it. The clutch I had put in is a Southbend rated to handle 900ftlb of torque, it replaces the dual mass factory set up with a single mass flywheel so we're all good there. Just ever so slightly heavier pedal but almost non noticeable.