Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elk and wolves in region 8

Re: Elk and wolves in region 8

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    If someone sees and reports you then the CO has no alternative but to charge you under the wildlife act, it is called poaching. You are jeopardizing your hunting privileges.
    When a predator continues on a direct path at you, protection of life comes into play. This doesn’t jeopardize your hunting privilege.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

If someone sees and reports you then the CO has no alternative but to charge you under the wildlife act, it is called poaching. You are jeopardizing your hunting privileges.
    Absolute nonsense.
    Personal and public safety trumps any aspect of wildlife regulations ....... period.
    If you feel that you are in imminent danger you have all rights to protect yourself....period

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Absolute nonsense.
    Personal and public safety trumps any aspect of wildlife regulations ....... period.
    If you feel that you are in imminent danger you have all rights to protect yourself....period
    I could not agree more .. just recently had a run in bow hunting in the high country for elk .. G bear and cub got within close proximity thankfully ended up going the right direction or may have seen the 45-70

Quote Originally Posted by Liveforthehunt View Post
    I could not agree more .. just recently had a run in bow hunting in the high country for elk .. G bear and cub got within close proximity thankfully ended up going the right direction or may have seen the 45-70
    Get's the heart rate up doesn't it.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

I had a dog run at me out in the middle of nowhere.
    At a "flashing glance" I thought it was a wolf running "straight at me".
    My heart rate went up, and so did the rifle but in that moment, my mind told me something wasn't right.
    None the less, something running at you out of no where is not fun.
    Neither is a blue Grouse however either!

That close I'd have shot it and called it self defense...mmm it's coming right for us...

If it was a bear I for sure wouldn’t let it get that close. But the wolf was not aggressive at all. I was waiting for a snarl or growl but it did nothing to make me feel threatened. On the other hand, when it’s open for wolf on the 10th, if I see one, it’s going down.

Quote Originally Posted by dd3boss View Post
    If it was a bear I for sure wouldn’t let it get that close. But the wolf was not aggressive at all. I was waiting for a snarl or growl but it did nothing to make me feel threatened. On the other hand, when it’s open for wolf on the 10th, if I see one, it’s going down.
    Well played. My son and I, while sitting on a scrape line, had a cougar walk up to within 30 feet. It was coming from up wind and didn't know we were there. It walked right up to us and upon seeing us it stood for a few seconds then took off. In my many years of hunting it ranks near the top of my most privileged encounters.

Piss off hippy, They need to die
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...