Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer around 70 mile

Deer around 70 mile

Will probably be up around 70 mile a couple of times over the fall visiting extended family that don.t hunt ,I was wondering where might be the best chance of bumping into some deer ? Is it best to wait until the rut or is there a chance of taking one earlier ? Not after your honey hole I will be on foot ,park the truck and walk .
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 09-06-2019 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added information

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Deer around 70 mile

Hunt early. The deer leave the area in mass as September rolls by.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Hunt early. The deer leave the area in mass as September rolls by.
    Heading where?

If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Pick a direction and explore, lots of logging and lots of roads, don’t need a specific area, put your time in you will find deer
    Brian011

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Heading where?

Squamish. They know all the lower mainlanders pound zone 3

Quote Originally Posted by Brian011 View Post
    Pick a direction and explore, lots of logging and lots of roads, don’t need a specific area, put your time in you will find deer
    Was thinking from the Old Cariboo Highway which I think runs through part of the family's property and hunt going West .
    Arctic Lake

Did not get the rifles to the range after getting them bedded by GEF so will not be hunting deer at 70 mile this weekend but will have one day up there that I can scout for an upcoming trip in November . I will bring the .22 in case I see some grouse .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Did not get the rifles to the range after getting them bedded by GEF so will not be hunting deer at 70 mile this weekend but will have one day up there that I can scout for an upcoming trip in November . I will bring the .22 in case I see some grouse .
    Arctic Lake
    Take your guns and sight them in while you are up there. It should only take a couple shots. If you don't you are pretty much sure to see a Booner buck and you'll kick yourself for the rest of the season.

They don't call it scouting season!

Have fun, good luck.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Just pulled one out of there last Saturday, pick a logging road and drive, go up and down spur roads and look for sign. If you see sign get out and walk, no sign keep on driving. Started hunting at dawn and had a deer down same day at about 5pmish, we had truck problems so had to come home early otherwise would have filled more tags. In that span saw 25 does, 4 bucks and a huge bear. Two of the bucks were on a field so we didn't obviously a shoot them. I took a shot at one at about 9am after taking a grouse but missed, the second buck was taken by my buddy. just drive and walk and look is the advice I have for you.

Got a buck just South of there near Clinton last Saturday. I drove by where I got it 4 times before it was there. Around 10am. They are there. Just need to keep checking travel corridors.