Thread: Spatsizi 6-20A 2019

Spatsizi 6-20A 2019

Heading to Cold Fish Lake in under two weeks for a Caribou and Moose hunt. Bags are packed, flights booked, LEH's in hand. We're flying up with a canoe and planning to spike camp from Cold Fish Lake Cabins. We've got ten days to experience this beautiful place and hopefully fill our freezer. I've read through the numerous threads here about Spatsizi, done considerable research, trained hard and invested paycheques in new gear. The experience of others is extremely valuable so if anybody has any advice or recommendations , particularly in regard to Caribou in this area, I'd love to hear them. Cheers and happy hunting!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spatsizi 6-20A 2019

Best of Luck on your hunt I've never hunted the area but looking to plan a hunt in the area next year.

Shoot Straight

Update from some friends who went August 15-25. Foot of snow freezing, rain, hail. Saw two small caribou at 500 yards and that was all. 2 days waiting for plane to pick them up because weather on cold fish.

Good luck

Was at Coldfish Aug 18-22, there were some moose in the area, but like the guy above said, one guy seen 2 small caribou a ways away from the lake.

That sounds pretty miserable. I really hope things have improved.

Can day hunt for both moose and caribou from the cabins... but getting further back is a lot more enjoyable. Can get more gear and just rent boats at the cabins on Cold Fish as well.

Hunt hard and have a great time,and post pics of the critters you get. Stay positive and alert at all times. Most guys only dream of doing a hunt like that.

If it was me, I’d get dropped off at the east end of the lake. There is a small campsite this side of the old guides cabin. The pilot should be familiar with it. We have harvested both moose and caribou in day trips from there. You can always head down to the park cabins for a shower and a visit if you like people. Good luck!

Dress warm, and don't panic if it snows!
    It'll most likely snow at some point.

That's an interesting idea and something to consider. Would you be willing to PM me the waypoint of the campsite? What is access to the plateau like from this location? Thanks for your response!