Thread: Shore Fishing

Shore Fishing

Looking to see if any of the hunting community can offer a bit of advice on shore fishing. I have tried all different types of lures, different areas, different times and just don’t have hardly any luck catching fish on the shore. I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s just impossible to catch them from the shore anymore. Any help greatly appreciated

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shore Fishing

Ocean? Salmon? From shore I usually use Buzz bombs as they don't sink quite as fast as other lures and work better in more horizontal presentations. 4" chrome is always a good one. Cast and count then do the "jigging" retrieve. Being at the right place at the right time is 90% of it.

Yah, what are you trying to fish for, where and with what?
    General tips, find water, throw bait, catch fish.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Looking to see if any of the hunting community can offer a bit of advice on shore fishing. I have tried all different types of lures, different areas, different times and just don’t have hardly any luck catching fish on the shore. I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s just impossible to catch them from the shore anymore. Any help greatly appreciated
    Definately doing something wrong

East sooke park at the end of the trail at Aylards farm....... Buzz bombs and other like jigs...... google a video on how to fish a buzz bomb..... but it is getting a bit late for that id think

Thanks for the help mostly salmon and rockfish/lingcod. I’ll try the chrome buzz bombs

Lakes for me never got the salmon bug. I've use good old bobber and worm or dry flys. Most importantly a nice grassy spot to sleep on in between fish. I do as good as guys that drag lures the size of car bumpers around the lake all day and the tennis elbow fly fishermen.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Someone caught a Coho off the White Rock pier yesterday!

Going to have to give it a go...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..