Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what does "GOS" mean?

Re: what does "GOS" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    According to his previous posts, he started hunting in 2010 so in 9 years, I am sure he has learned what GOS stands for. 7 posts in 6 years on here.TROLLING
    Bingo.. hence my response
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Go out scouting

General OUTFITTERS Season RJ

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    Go out scouting
    This is the best response. The beauty is it's a true statement.

If a guy wants to troll a little - who cares? It's just a little fun before we all get too busy with the hunt. Roll with it or ignore it - it's all good as long as it's not sensitive matter.

This thread should have been closed after the first reply.

Who cares if it's a troll? Does it affect you if it is, or does it make the general population of the form look rude and unwelcoming if it's an honest question? What if a new hunter, maybe a youth comes here someday and does a search for that question (like I'm sure you'd want them to before posting) and finds this post, think they will feel good about themselves?

This forum can be so hostile and paranoid about trolls, or people not being "lazy" and looking up their own answers, "use the search function". Not everyone is familiar with forums and the way they operate. Some people just like to converse or personalize their question even if it has been answered over and over.

Maybe if we were nicer to each other and simply answered questions no matter how silly you think they are with a positive attitude it would help in some small way to grow our hunting culture and create a team that fights together rather than one divided. Perhaps one step closer to a voice against the anti's.

I've been hunting for about 4 years or so, I clearly did not grow up as a hunter and do not have the childhood training that really sticks in our minds and allows us to remember things we learn. When I read this question could not recall what "GOS" means, but I do now. I don't live and breath hunting (would love to if I had both the time and access to). I have to go over the synopsis each year and re-read certain laws, remind myself what some abbreviations are, etc.

I also do not have the time to look up someones past posts to find out of they are legit or not.

Happy hunting everyone.

Lugg

after using this site for years I often say GOS to other hunters who don't recognize the abbreviation.... sometimes a quick google search instead of asking the board is better but google does not recognize GOS either so his question is valid in my humble opinion or IMHO...heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    after using this site for years I often say GOS to other hunters who don't recognize the abbreviation.... sometimes a quick google search instead of asking the board is better but google does not recognize GOS either so his question is valid in my humble opinion or IMHO...heheheh
    You, sir, have just won the internet!!! (I had to google this term the other day myself)