Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksteady 2019 Dear Diary

Re: Rocksteady 2019 Dear Diary

Here's how I look at it.
    Yes, some folks our close to the resources, such a trout, salmon, ungulates etc.
    Yes, I am envious of the fact they it is easy for them to get out there on a daily basis etc to enjoy what most of us here on HBC truly enjoy.
    BUT, I accept the fact the for me, that life isn't possible, unless "I CHOOSE" to move, which I could if I really wanted to.

I also accept some folks will eat all the game meat they get and I can only hope they respect the animal they take, and take care of the meat
    they harvested, and take all the is there to retrieve.
    BUT, there are folks like me, who could harvest a MD or WT every season, but don't.
    I pass them up, because it's not what I am looking for.
    So it works both ways, and balances out, imo.

Now, if we are short of game, and it is hunter or fisherman related, then we need to change the harvest regulations.
    But many of the issues we have, again imo, are not what the next hunter beside me is harvesting or fisherman beside me are taking,
    under the Regs, but a great deal of other issues, again, not just one issue, but many.

Enjoy it while you can, because changes will be coming to the outdoorsman, as history and the thickness of our Regs show.
    Maybe one day we will have people in power that actually see the "real issues". (doubt it)

The bigger issue is when some folks aren't given a limit, but unlimited amount and have a "grocery list" and to further hurt the issue,
    don't report anything.

So between mismanagement of habitat in many forms, ignoring endless studies, and some folks thinking they have a right over everyone else,
    and no money, I say enjoy it.

Another issue that I have seen and that member has left HBC, is when that member complains of "no big bucks" to hunt because everyone
    else is taking dinks, but then that member takes their kids out and they harvest dinks, is the perfect example of "hypocrisy"!
    And we also know other Hypocrites as well, don't we.

One last thing, this OP is about Rocksteady's hunting adventures.
    Lets keep it that way!!!
    If you have an issue with what you read, don't derail it.
    Start a new F'n Thread on that debate.

Hope that helps????
    Hope Rocksteady can get his own thread back on course! as we need more members like him.
    I only know to well how a member or 2 can stop a thread from moving forward.
    Why folks like that come on here, I will never figure out.
    Only hope they croak sooner then later.

Day 5 update.. at the river at daybreak. Seen 5 different herds across the river, only 1 crossed. In the 5 herds saw clise to 40 cows, 3 spikes and a big bull (not sure if a 6 or a big 5 was 800 yards away)..
    The only herd that crossed to my side were cow calf pairs.. oh well, at least i am seeing legal animals.. honestly cant wait for rifle, this 50 yard bow hunting is frustrating as hell..

Maybe "best of the west" could design optics so that i can accurately take a 150 yard shot with my crossbow��
    Last edited by rocksteady; 09-06-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Also watched the big bull try to bugle.. not a nice 3 tone whistle, just a one note gack.. he did this on his own so i suspect things may get vocal very soon.

Slower day cause i was not glassing for long..

As soon as i got to the viewpoint i see 2 spikes upriver, far side, who after 20 minutes drifted into the willow pits.. 20 minutes later 5 spikes came out just below that and crossed onto my side.. was pretty sure i knew where they were going so hustled off the bluff into the thick stuff where i had the staring contest with the big grey cow.. got in there, 15 minutes later, i heard them walk by about 70 yards away.. they never took the open trail i set up on, they took the other fork..

Oh well

^^^^Any Bugling?

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Part of my issue is the far side of the river is private (river is not of course) but no way to get across to the sandbars. Too nuch current, too deep for waders, so gotta hang out and hope they cross to me, and then be in a posiotion to make a move.. and its not flat ground.. from the bluffs to the waters edge is at least 120 metres of cliffs

Grow some balls Rock! And Swim it!
    That would be awesome!

I always look forward to your annual... some threads "Take you there" some threads show you the development of a season...... Keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Slower day cause i was not glassing for long..

As soon as i got to the viewpoint i see 2 spikes upriver, far side, who after 20 minutes drifted into the willow pits.. 20 minutes later 5 spikes came out just below that and crossed onto my side.. was pretty sure i knew where they were going so hustled off the bluff into the thick stuff where i had the staring contest with the big grey cow.. got in there, 15 minutes later, i heard them walk by about 70 yards away.. they never took the open trail i set up on, they took the other fork..

Oh well
    And that’s “hunting”... Someone posted earlier about people not being true hunters if they have the gear, but fail to connect. I “have the gear” but haven’t dropped anything in a long while. It’s not a lack of finding game, it’s a lack of finding LEGAL game with a clean shot. I still love getting out though, even if it’s frustrating some times.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Grow some balls Rock! And Swim it!
    That would be awesome!

I always look forward to your annual... some threads "Take you there" some threads show you the development of a season...... Keep posting!
    I will swim it IF i shoot something on the far side or if i shoot it on this side and goes across before it expires

ya, I was jokin' I have fished quite a bit out your way.. the water in summer is flippin cold!
    But you gotta admit,,, it would be a wicked story!

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    And that’s “hunting”... Someone posted earlier about people not being true hunters if they have the gear, but fail to connect. I “have the gear” but haven’t dropped anything in a long while. It’s not a lack of finding game, it’s a lack of finding LEGAL game with a clean shot. I still love getting out though, even if it’s frustrating some times.
    Yup.
    I never mention it much, but where I hunt, I am also constrained by a some borders and "no go zones".
    So, yes, I might have a potential bull, but either takes off into these zones or is in the those zones already, and there is sweet F'all I can
    so about it.
    Really sucks when I have had them in a legal spot but they decide to back out and end up in those areas.
    Elk and deer are just ending up more and more on private property and they truly aren't going back into the high country like they once were.
    They are there, but not like before.