Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksteady 2019 Dear Diary

Re: Rocksteady 2019 Dear Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenaykid85 View Post
    Going to have to say your incorrect, perhaps where you hunt elk? but not here in the west kootenays. I cant count on one hand how many 360+ bulls ive seen killed in the first 12 days of september. low land farm elk sure... I can see that happening. but up in the backcountry mature bulls allways rut first. trust me
    If you know you know...it's simple as that.
    I know I've killed some bulls 350+.
    Many years of sitting on elk watching day after day as bulls come and go.....you get get a strong sense and understanding of when the true players show up. Simple fact of the matter is to truly understand that dynamic. Know the inventory, know the players.

I will deflect to MD. Had a red hot area where guys where bragging about their 180 this and 190 that.
    We took bucks up to 240" out of said area.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

sorry rocksteady dont know how we got onto bragging about muledeer there, hope that 6 point finds its way back to your patch soon!

You aint the only one..

I wanna drop that bugger
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenaykid85 View Post
    sorry rocksteady dont know how we got onto bragging about muledeer there, hope that 6 point finds its way back to your patch soon!
    My comment was on referencing watching complete rutting cycles. A lot of folks book opening week, have a weekend here and there, zip up after work. They base their understanding on a limited time, a small window, out of a 30 to 90 day season. Trying to help folks with a better understanding.

I love Rocksteady's post and think he is one of HBC's most valuable members and not wishing to detract from what is surely going to be a great thread.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

May not be a great thread, yet.. but still a conversation of my day to day hunting ups and downs. Truly for entertainment purposes.. no hidden agenda.. thanks all for following along.. i hope to have my hands on that 6 point soon..

Trust your gut, if you think he’s still around he very well could be! Good luck hope you have success soon!

I am sure he is still around... its just so bloody thick.. and there is no vocals going on..

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I am sure he is still around... its just so bloody thick.. and there is no vocals going on..
    He will turn up the day you don't, so hammer that spot every day but don't wreck it with scent. Let him make the mistake.
    I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.

I am so appreciative of these posts. I am a rookie at almost 61. Today I missed an opportunity of a lifetime. I am grateful for what I have learned here and will hope to recreate the events of today more to my advantage. Good luck I hope you get your Bull and I cant wait for the photos!
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

I am so appreciative of these posts. I am a rookie at almost 61. Today I missed an opportunity of a lifetime. I am grateful for what I have learned here and will hope to recreate the events of today more to my advantage. Good luck I hope you get your Bull and I cant wait for the photos!
    start a new thread with your story! Tons of knowledge on this site that may help you seal the deal next time!! Plus we all just like hearing stories...even if unsuccessful!

Myself...like rock, my area is very thick and no vocals to be heard here on opening day!
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson