Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elk Bugling Activity Report

Re: Elk Bugling Activity Report

Anyone have a honey hole in the WK? Haha so many gates and so little sign in the areas I can get to. Not picking anything up on cameras either. The one bull I had come in a few days ago if I’m being honest is too far and difficult of a hike to do it solo 3-4 times loaded with meat.
    I think I’m heading to the rock creek area I’m more familiar with that I know holds deer at least. Trying to finally pop the big game cherry!

I should add part of the disappoint in the gates is the primary spot I had picked out e scouting is gated off. I ran into a local that told me it was one of the best spots to go before the shut it down. Son of a biscuit!

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Anyone have a honey hole in the WK? Haha so many gates and so little sign in the areas I can get to. Not picking anything up on cameras either. The one bull I had come in a few days ago if I’m being honest is too far and difficult of a hike to do it solo 3-4 times loaded with meat.
    I think I’m heading to the rock creek area I’m more familiar with that I know holds deer at least. Trying to finally pop the big game cherry!
    Since this bull is too far for you, I'm sure that you wouldn't mind PMing me the coordinates then

Haha I’m saving that spot in case I actually find a hunting partner worth hunting with.

I took the atv in part way and could have gotten a lot closer but it’s a pretty sketchy trip up. I managed to put it on its side once and had to have one of those moments you need to have a discussion with yourself.

Frustrating isn't it when areas get closed off.
    I know of an area that was a great spot to hunt for elk at times until is basically got closed off.
    And now I have to contend with elk that when they give me the slip, enter that area (piss off!)

Know of others who know where elk are, but end up on private property etc.
    Getting worse and worse each year that's for sure.

Yeah one of the things that pisses me off is I tried finding out if the areas I wanted to were open or private etc. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough but I couldn’t find any info about it.

All hoochie moma's sound the same.I can tell when another hunter is around when I hear one.Dead give away.If I was a Bull I would run LL

This bull ran, but straight at us, died at 15 yards. I still use the Hoochie from time to time

Last edited by todbartell; 09-05-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    This bull ran, but straight at us, died at 15 yards. I still use the Hoochie from time to time

awesome!! congrats mark, your bull or you were the caller? looks like a young one?